Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New SnS Kamado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SnS Kamado

One minute you’re browsing a website the next you have a giant cooker on your deck. The SnS Kamado I ordered arrived today. The FedEx delivery professional was sent out of the Duluth DC with a trailer lacking a lift-gate. I was at work and my wife-to-be was working from home in order to sign for it. I got the call and luckily I was between appointments and was able to get home in time to help him lift it out of the back of the trailer and carry it down the 40’ driveway into the garage. He also had no pallet jack. He received gratuity for waiting for me and doing more lifting than he signed up for today.

I assembled it and just as I unpacked the cover it started raining, so I’m saving the inaugural test run and first cook until next weekend. I’m visiting my parents this weekend and putting my 26” kettle out to pasture so I have a good cooker to use when I visit them. A condition of my new deck ornament.

Very well packed and I am blown away by the weight and heavy duty build.
    Attached Files

What a beaut! Congrats

Comment

• jhapka
      jhapka commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I’m excited

Looks awesome ! Congrats, can’t wait to see it fired up!!

Comment

• jhapka
      jhapka commented
      Editing a comment
      I forgot I’m getting married next weekend so I’m going to have to fire it up sooner!

BBQ for the rehearsal dinner??

Comment

• jhapka
      jhapka commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope it’s in Colorado so I can’t bring the Kamado. But I did hire a competition barbecue team to cater the reception

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      What an awesome idea for the reception! Date and time so I can be there? 🤣. Congrats on your wedding btw. Best wishes. I’ve been married to the same wonderful woman for 38 yrs. It’s truly great.

Beautiful! Wait...you forgot you’re getting married?!🤣

Comment

• jhapka
      jhapka commented
      Editing a comment
      Temporarily dazed by the glistening grey finish on the cooker. I’m back to my senses

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      My thoughts exactly!! Hope your chosen one does not hear about that comment.

Ok had to burn it in...
    Attached Files

Comment

One can only hope that a certain someone (who DIDN’T forget she was getting married) doesn’t have access to the AR Pitmaster Recent Posts as you might have more time on your hands than you thought!!! 🥰🥰🥰
      Last edited by Jared49; October 1, 2020, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• jhapka
        jhapka commented
        Editing a comment
        Jared49 oh don’t worry I was musing out loud about what I might cook next weekend and thats when I was duly reminded of next weekend’s plans...

You will not regret this one. Great company and products.

Comment

• jhapka
        jhapka commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree! I might pick your brain for tips and tricks while I’m scaling the kamado learning curve

We can’t wait to see the results of the fun you’re having with your new Kamado.

Comment

"One minute you’re browsing a website the next you have a giant cooker on your deck."

Man! I knew David had great customer service, but this is spectacular!

Congrats.

Comment

• jhapka
          jhapka commented
          Editing a comment
          They shipped it out quick. With a hand-written packing inventory and quality control check slip. I’m impressed

Sir that's an AWESOME LOOKING COOKER!

Comment

• jhapka
          jhapka commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheers!

What an exciting time - a wedding, a wedding CATERED by comp BBQ, a KAMADO! Definitely a hat-trick trifecta...

Comment

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing the food!

Comment

Ok, it has been over a week. ...have you come up for air and cooking yet?

Comment

You'll never regret this. I bought one a little over a year ago. I LOVE it! I've done pork butts, sausages, beef tenderloin, lobsters, fish, steaks, turkeys, and more. As an added bonus, the people at ABC stand by their product. One of the welds holding the adjusting handle on the dome vent broke. I contacted them and had a replacement in the mail within ten days. Good folks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here