Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me choose a cover for my new SnS Kamado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me choose a cover for my new SnS Kamado

I just took delivery of my new SnS Kamado and now I need to buy a cover for it. I first looked at the dedicated SnS-brand cover. Its price--$70.00--is a little on the high side, but certainly not a deal-breaker. But SnS tells me they warrant the cover for only one year. Weber covers, by comparison, are cheaper but are still warranted for three years. Does anyone have any experience with the SnS-brand cover? How about a third-party option? I'm particularly curious about the Coverstore lines, which have warranties of two, three, and seven years. Any advice is welcome.

I don't have a kamado, but I do have a WSM and a kettle, both with Weber covers. I have had the WSM cover for a while - 5 or 6 years, and the kettle cover since I got the kettle around 2 years ago. They both sit outside on my deck year round, and both are just fine. No rips or tears, and they haven't even faded very much. Oh yeah, and welcome to the pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. I don't use covers, so I can't help...

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I've had pretty good luck with my Weber covers. I got about 12 years out of my old gas grill cover, while my kettle cover is well past that.

Alas, the Weber covers will not fit the SnS Kamado. The cover for the 26-inch kettle is 31.5 inches in diameter, but the SnS Kamado cover is 34 inches.

That's why I'm looking at third-party options.

Comment

Try Covers & All. I got a cover for my Klose grill ;last year and was happy with the workmanship and qulaity. It's only ayear old but showing no signs of wear and it sat out in the sun all the time. I gave them the dimension they asked for and it fit. https://www.coversandall.com/
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0293.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	856485

Comment

i personally have found the weber covers to be pretty poor. I have have been using charbroil brand i picked up at lowes and so far its held up well, better than my weber brand did. I have not tried any of the custom cover makers.

Comment

Go to The Cover Store, their covers are great and they will have a stock cover to fit your kamado.
              The middle priced ones are very good.

Comment

I have Classic Accessories covers on three of my cookers... Ravenna, Veranda or some such thing. Picked them up at Home Depot and Amazon. They have all sorts of shapes and sizes.
                They’re on a covered patio but still look good after a couple years...and they’re not too pricey.

Comment

i replaced my weber cover a couple of years ago and was so impressed i got one for my daniel boone and my blackstone. best covers i have ever owned

Comment

Lots of great suggestions. Thanks to everyone who weighed in. Now I just gotta pick one.

Comment

I bought a Cover Store cover for my Weber Jumbo Joe and also one for my PBC. They are currently 3-4 years old I think. No idea how long they will last but they still look almost new. I will buy from them again if and when I need one.

Comment

My SnSK's SnS-branded cover has faded significantly to grey but it is holding up very well otherwise in full sun/rain/snow. Nearly 1.5yrs so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
                          My SnSK's SnS-branded cover has faded significantly to a light grey but it is holding up very well otherwise in full sun/rain/snow. Nearly 1.5yrs so far.
                          We weren't happy with how the original covers faded. We shipped everyone a new one that doesn't fade. Email us at [email protected] for your replacement!

Comment

• tbob4
                            tbob4 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            While you are at it, Huskee has a bedspread that shrunk in the dryer and I have a couple of XL t-shirts that did as well. Huskee's really did. My wife said I just got fatter.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here