Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New ABC Kamado cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ABC Kamado cooker

Am I the only one who got a notice about ABC's new 2 zone Kamado cooker?? Or has it already been discussed? I got real excited. Then I saw the price tag and my excite waned considerably.

The Most Versatile Kamado on the Market - The Slow 'N Sear Deluxe Kamado Grill gives you true two zone cooking or traditional one zone cooking - the choice is up to you!

"The World's First True Two-Zone Cooking Kamado" ..........I think Primo and/or Komodo Kamado would have something to say about this........At any rate, I know it was discussed perviously, and here is the thread.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a ridiculous claim in light of the facts.

I wish Dave all the luck in the world, but I'm sitting back and waiting to see if this is really worth it. There is a wide world of kamados out there and although this one has the best grilling option I've seen, I'm still not sure it's that much better than a kettle. But we shall see !!

Comment

It's bringing everything a kettle/SnS pitmaster loves about the kettle to the kamado world. Can still be used as a traditional kamado as well. Best of both worlds. Fits his products perfectly. Worth it? That's only for the purchaser to decide, not us armchair quarterbacks!

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Armchair quarterbacks - Lol!

If due to the size and shape you can switch gears from low and slow to warp ten nearly as fast as a kettle it might have an advantage.

For an "only" cooker, I can see where it’s versatility could be a selling point. Around here there’s no such thing as a single cooker though. Heck I’m usually running a low cooker and then a hot one at the same time, preferring to optimize each.

Given their reputation I’d consider the quality aspect is good as well. Seems just a tad too high in price to really crush the competition (namely the Weber summit charcoal grill for instance).

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
        It's bringing everything a kettle/SnS pitmaster loves about the kettle to the kamado world. Can still be used as a traditional kamado as well. Best of both worlds. Fits his products perfectly. Worth it? That's only for the purchaser to decide, not us armchair quarterbacks!
        Agree 100%. Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and I'm stoked.

Comment

Troutman has it, Im in a holding pattern too. Dave's products are top notch so this one likely will be successful. I can't help but wonder though, the SnS kamado is eerily similar to this one....

Comment

I think Dave really needs to put together a video that illustrates the key differences between his product and other popular kamados.

I know he has a video describing the differences, but I think a visual video would be far more impactful.

Comment

To all the new owners of the SNS Kamado, what’s your honest opinion of this grill? Do you love it? Would you buy it again? I have the SNS in my Weber but I need more room. When cooking on the raised second grate are the temps close to the main grate? All opinions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

fuzzydaddy I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on the SNS Kamado during their 10% off sale. Do you have any regrets with yours? Would you buy it again? Anybody else have any input as to their opinions of this grill? Thanks

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Zero regrets and would definitely buy again. It is everything I like about the SnS in my Kettles and all the benefits of my old BGE. Temp control and clean smoke are easy in my opinion. Comes well equipped and will also run in traditional kamado mode (heat deflector included).
              Last edited by fuzzydaddy; December 2, 2019, 05:40 PM.

Bought mine today after a fair bit of research. Wanted to buy something I wouldn’t regret in 6 months and the versatility and included accessories simply can’t be beat.

Comment

I've had mine for less than a week but very happy thus far. High build quality and the included accessories are remarkable. I boughr because I hoped to cover all of my charcoal-fueled needs with one device. Maiden cook was today with some Jamaican jerk wings. Would say I'm 1-0 so far. If anyone has a go-to recommendation for komadp recipes I'm all ears!

Comment

• DavidNorcross
                DavidNorcross commented
                Editing a comment
                This one does check a lot of boxes for sure.

I still have my ancient original Kamado #9. Just this morning I was after it with a tape measure trying to see if I could retrofit it with an SNS so I wouldn't have to start over with their new combo. My grill is 24 inches wide, so the 21 inch SNS will drop in just fine in that dimension. There are crossed half inch steel rods the heat deflector sits on. Those will need to sit almost 9 inches under the grill surface for the SNS to drop in, but this hanger was built to hold the deflector 6 inches below the grill surface. However, over the twelve or so years I've owned this Kamado, the arms of this hanger have allowed the assembly to slide further down into the cooker so that the center of the crossbars is now 9 inches below the grill. That means the grill works fine with the deflector at 9 inches and so I'm thinking of having a new hanger fabricated that will hang the heat deflector at 9 inches below the grill and also serve as support for dropping the SNS into place. The hanger should be inexpensive, it's just four arms that come up to "hang" on the indentation the grill sits on (or, as mine has, they contract a bit inward and allow the whole assembly to sink a bit deeper).

I'd just go ahead and order the SNS and drop it in, but I'm afraid the deformed hanger won't stay level enough to support it. I usually try on low and slow cooks to make sure it's sitting level, but a couple years ago I did have one cook where the water pan slid off the heat deflector mid-cook.

So, this long story is leading to asking whether anyone else has found a way to drop an SNS into a cooker that Dave says it probably wouldn't work in. In the meantime, I'm searing inside in my Lodge skillet on my stove.

Comment

I have actually been eyeballing this a replacement to my Brinkmann Trailmaster Ceramic Egg. I want the larger cooking area, and have always been a fan of my cooker. I do have the go ahead to purchase one since we moved to a larger house. And with that purchase I will be able to move my brinkman to the family cabin so that I can do cooks there as well.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds like you have it worked out. All except approval from the finance department.

• AverageJoe
                  AverageJoe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  HawkerXP LOL wwwweeeelllll I do have the credit card lol

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
                "The World's First True Two-Zone Cooking Kamado" ..........I think Primo and/or Komodo Kamado would have something to say about this........At any rate, I know it was discussed perviously, and here is the thread.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	vQXVs795pMyi2XvRs6Rri8v1WGMAnaSkpOcVC6dDpLmfg0wlLd1zxu7jxZjjVHzjK8nKgRLHD8cfGUCffTQBPw1_G5g9u1Ogv3WXbV0Mhk36O-jtYbtAeaxWgCS9uoJFZ5a30SOVUgCcYTwdYDtQ5NX96EUYPvjlrw0ttKRLhmjz7GRZ-oOFYz5iTZgqthX_dJPbrx8MptmUMQ0m_oqRWhOvLVrQ-E8f-5OaTupchZyXAALRW5TvHxv-pAceMCn
Views:	409
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	793924

Comment

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly, and you don’t need an accessory to do it.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here