Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An augmented SnS (part B)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An augmented SnS (part B)

Testing the various cooking configurations is underway. So far, I am very pleased with the SnS operation. Chicken is a cheap and effective test material.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7089.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	1235251

Name:	DSCN6957 - Copy.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	1235253

Name:	DSCN7099.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	1235252
    Cheers

Name:	DSCN6934.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	1235250

The REAL test!

Comment

Wonderful! I like the beer glass too.

Comment

Is that a teaser. Building a matching beer cooler? 😎

Comment

• willsands
          willsands commented
          Editing a comment
          Beyond exploring the options for the SnS, I'm not sure what the next project will be. I did purchase an Ooni oven last week. That might justify a beer cooler project. However, the Yeti folks have coolers that serve well.

Looks good

Comment

It cooks as good as it looks.

Comment

That looks really good, always fun to play around when you have success like this. How did the potatoes turn out cooking under the chicken?

Comment

• willsands
              willsands commented
              Editing a comment
              The potatoes were just getting tender when the chicken finished, but still pale. I cheated and placed them under the broiler in the toaster oven until they were golden. They were good with the prominent chicken flavor.
              I have placed potato chunks under a whole chicken on the rotisserie. The whole chickens render more fat and take more time to finish, which helps the taters brown on the grill.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here