Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inaugural Cook on the SnS Kamado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inaugural Cook on the SnS Kamado

For the first cook I'm using the SnS set up to cook an 8 oz. bison ribeye and a 2 lb New York Berkshire pork roast, both from Wild Fork Foods. Four hour dry brine: ribeye was seasoned with pink Himalayan salt and the pork roast was seasoned with TexJoy Steak Seasoning which has a lot of salt. The ambient temperature outside is 63 degrees.

The ribeye was shaped like a New York strip and was rather thin - thinner than the one that I bought last month so I squeezed it into a 5" diameter metal tin, stuck it into the freezer until firm, and trussed it around it's circumference with cooking twine.
    I placed the ribeye on the Drip 'N Griddle grate down low and the pork roast on the Easy Spin grate. The ribeye went to 120 degrees pretty quickly (temp at the Drip 'N Griddle was 240 degrees) so into the fridge it went. The pork roast will take a lot longer, it was still at 80 degrees when I pulled the ribeye. A pecan chunk was placed on the coals when the meat was put in the kamado.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sns-1.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	1129781
    ​
    Gotta smoke when smoking

Name:	sns-2.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	1129780
    ​
    Finished

Name:	sns-3.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1129782

The ribeye was more tender than the one I cooked last month. The camera didn't catch the pinkness of the pork. Both turned out perfect.

Name:	sns-4.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	1129783

Great work on a great cooker.

Comment

Looks like ya already got that cooker dialed in.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here