Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SnSK: Question about base size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnSK: Question about base size

Quick question for you SnSK owners: what is the footprint of the cradle? I will be buying a concrete A/C condenser pad to set it on and need to know what size to get.

What is the SnSK you’re referring to? The Komodo?

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes

If nobody else answers I’ll measure when I’m home from work

Comment

I measured the cradle opening on mine where the SnSK sits and it's 18.25" The bottom of the SnSK is less than 18-1/4" because there's some padding on the cradle and a little extra room.

Edit to add...

This page says:
      • Bottom of bowl: 18 inches in diameter
      Last edited by fuzzydaddy; November 16, 2021, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        fuzzydaddy Thanks for the reply. Is that the size between the wheels of the cradle at ground level??

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        58limited sorry, I mis-read what you were looking for. I measured the base of the bowl. I'll go outside and measure the wheels and post that shortly.
        Last edited by fuzzydaddy; November 16, 2021, 09:53 AM.

With both front wheels in the locked position and pointed outwards, it's about 27" wide. Here's a couple of photos. Does this help?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7311.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	1127115
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7312.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	1127114

Comment

fuzzydaddy Thanks! That is exactly what I needed to know.

Comment

Glad fuzzydaddy answered and saved me running to grab my tape measure out of the garage!

58limited I will caution you that if you are setting this up on something like a 3 foot square AC pad, be sure those casters stay locked. If you roll it off the edge, it WILL go tipping over, and likely breaking. Mine was assembled on the concrete area by my pool, and has never left that since it arrived in January. Its very heavy, and rolls smoothly, but I am very conscious of falling off the edge of the concrete, which varies from 2 inches above the grass at one end, to 8 or 10 inches at the other end. The casters are definitely not up to rolling through grass, and would sink in most likely due to the weight of the cooker. If you have to move it to and from that pad, you will want some strong buddies to lift the kamado out of the cradle, move the cradle to the new location, then carry the kamado to the new location of the cradle.
          Last edited by jfmorris; November 16, 2021, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• 58limited
            58limited commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the advice. This is pretty much the set up I have for my current kamado, once placed I won;t move it until I start the backyard kitchen project.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here