Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New! Stainless Primo Grates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New! Stainless Primo Grates

Here's our first look at the new stainless steel Primo grates.

Click image for larger version

Name:	104839433_10219633671743833_9167312984884528046_o.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	866227

They aren't mine (yet). I heard they were spendy though. $160 with shipping. I believe they will be standard with new grills.
    Last edited by Attjack; June 20, 2020, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang! That's spendy, alright. Pretty ballsy to ask that much for a grill grate. I guess they are aware of the power of MCS. Knowing now that both you and Homey dig the Primo has me thinking....I must need one.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      hoovarmin Fortunately, I was wrong about the price. They are $62 each so $124 with free shipping from BBQ guys. Also, if you buy a new Primo now you should get SS and the new hinge too.

Look nice.

Comment

I bought a set of stainless steel grates from the ceramic grill store 2 years ago. Way easier to clean and a bit heavier than the OEM grates. Be interested to know what Primo is charging for theirs. I find most of Primo's and BGE accessories to have a pretty steep tariff. CGS gives you the option of 2. 1/2 grates or 1 single piece large grate. When I bought mine their was no option for SS extend a grid. Was just out on the CGS website and the 2 1/2 grid option is sold out but runs less than $75 for both.
      When I bought the grates I also bought the CGS offering for the D-plate holders. Night and day difference between the CGS offering compared to OEM. The stability and ease of use alone in my opinion makes those a great buy.
      Last edited by tiewunon; June 20, 2020, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been waiting for the Primo SS grates because I like the ability to flip the grates so you can get closer to the fire. The price difference is pretty extreme though. Good to know about the D-plate holders because the stock Primo ones are a little unstable

• tiewunon
        tiewunon commented
        Editing a comment
        I can see the feet on the Primo grates. CGS does not have those however you can set the grates on the firebox. Then with the CGS D-plate holders you get the cooking grate to the level as if there were feet like shown in your picture.

Those look sharp. Thanks for sharing

Comment

tiewunon Just checked out the CGS D grid. Those r great, but they are sold out....

Comment

• tiewunon
          tiewunon commented
          Editing a comment
          pjlstrat Give them a call on Monday to see if/when they comeback in stock. Ask if they will honor that price. Its a whale of a deal. I would also get the D-plate holders which then makes the D-plates more stable and also allows the cooking grates to be at same height as the OEM grates when resting on their feet. To get closer to the fire the cgs grates sit on the firebox.
          Last edited by tiewunon; June 21, 2020, 01:11 PM.

Another pic...

Click image for larger version

Name:	105939396_3324248994253901_4318724216058335155_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=pw9oSu5o6SMAX-3HqTd&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=44ba49ea38e12191548203648ddafc14&oe=5F18B197.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	869621

Comment

The new grates are now available from BBQGuys.com for $62.00 with free shipping. Not too bad.

https://www.bbqguys.com/primo/replca...d-for-primo-xl
          Last edited by Attjack; June 26, 2020, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• pjlstrat
            pjlstrat commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you,

curious, would you consider this as an upgrade from ceramic grates?

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I would. I want to be able to get the grates hot and scrape and scrub with a wire brush. Right now I let the grates cool, then once the food is hard and set I can use my stupid plastic brush. If that doesn't work then I have to soak them and scrub them. Also, the ceramic coating can chip or wear off then rust can set in.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here