Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primo XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primo XL

Click image for larger version

Name:	7A2F6DDB-97A5-48E9-97AA-2E1156F80448.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	857517Click image for larger version

Name:	A7CADC2E-1B0B-436A-A274-55B8DBA432DB.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	857516 I said that I was in the market for a new Kamado style egg as my old Akron was blown off the deck and damaged a month ago. Today I bought a new Primo XL400 as I did not want anything from China . There was a Canadian distributor for Primo who had old stock for sale at their cost and this is what I bought today. There are catches with doing this and the big one was they have no carts for them to sit in so I made my own. I have more work to do like cutting the oval hole in my cart and setting it up.

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Comment

• Argoboy
      Argoboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you I purchased a few options to go with it too including a pizza stone, heat deflector, upper grates and grate tool.I have a cast iron fire box divider on order. I need to find a place to keep it next.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      It sounds like you're all set. I have 2 deflectors, 1 upper grate, a divider, and the ash tool. I also have a fan and controller. Rumor is they are releasing a SS grate later this summer and I think I'll have to pick a couple of those up when they do.

Congrats. Nice lookin' table too.

Comment

Isn't that the way it always works.......I want it, I bought it, now where can I put it?
      Congrats!

Comment

Not sure which to praise you on more. The new Primo or that table. Very nice work on that table. There. I said it. Praises to the table. 😁.

On a side note. A friend of mine,years ago, had an Argo. Cool and fun machines. 👊

Comment

Congrats on your new XL. Nice build on the table. Get some help putting setting the Oval in the table.
          If the seller did not have the "cradle" in my opinion you were lucky. Now if he was talking the cart those are pretty darn nice, however the SS side tables are over priced.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            You won't remember after you use them a while! Argoboy

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I have tbe cart with stainless tables. Unfortunately, the tables are a little undersized. Your custom cart will be better.

• tiewunon
            tiewunon commented
            Editing a comment
            Forgot to mention my most favorite accessory for the Primo XL. I was never a fan of those D-plate holders that sit on the firebox. They absorb quite a bit of heat and and will eventually start to rust a bit (salt air in Va Beach) in addition a bit of a hassle to set the D-plates on with lump burning.
            I finally broke down after about 7 years and bought the D-plate holders offered by the Cersmic Grill Store (CGS). Are they a necessatiy NO but when the OEM give up the ghost I would pick up a set.

Great looking table!

Congrats on the Primo. I have had the XL for about 3 years now and have loved every minute of cooking on it.

Comment

Love my Primo and I know you will have a great time with yours. Wish I had a table like your build!

Comment

Looks good
              congrats

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Congratulations and nice table. You will love the primo!

i haven’t used the cast iron divider or plate. Still in the box.

I have the Kick ash pan and basket. Those are a must in my opinion.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	84B80FB7-AC4A-437D-A29E-3B950386C975.jpeg
Views:	157
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	857918Click image for larger version

Name:	D3ED570C-507A-4CD3-A782-730CF49C76D0.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	857917 Primo Update, I cut the hole in the top this morning and gave it another coat of spar varnish, I am getting closer to final assembly. I also found four ceramic feet in the box so I do not have to wait for them now.

Comment

Congrats!! Love my XL!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here