Ok, I’ll admit it. I’m lazy. But this "skill" has caused me to adapt. For years I had been trying to grill w my Primo based on the excellent advice on this forum. But, most of y’all have very different cookers. The fact is that a kamado just cooks differently. Of course you can cook directly but one of the greatest features of ceramic cookers is the radiant heat coming off the dome. Soooo, you don’t have to prep a chicken the day before or rub it w baking soda etc to crisp the skin. Just spatchcock the sucker and crank up the heat. Most of the time I cook a spatchcocked bird around 400. Tonight I channeled my inner Risky Business and decided, sometimes you’ve gotta say what the f&@k Joel, and cooked it at 500.

The prep: This was a bird that had no lengthy prep. I took it out of the sealed package tonight. Spatchcocked it, patted it dry, rubbed it w the juice of one lemon, salt and rosemary and then rubbed the bottom all over w a paste of garlic from a whole head of garlic.

Cooking: I used the deflector plates and cooked it at 500 for about 20 mins - skin side up. 500 is pretty hot, when you open up the kamado, flames are licking up around the deflector plates. I flipped the bird - skin side down- for about 10 minutes. The temp was about 150 so I flipped it back over and cooked it for a little longer. Crispy skin and charred all over. Super juicy. Amazing flavor.

Also, the smashed beets w goat cheese and salad were Devine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3DFF63F1-949F-438A-B838-270C5E03F9CC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.26 MB ID:	853889Click image for larger version  Name:	0B54612F-E759-4D74-9B56-EC5DD96274EF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	5.20 MB ID:	853890Click image for larger version  Name:	137FEF28-EDAB-4433-9B2F-6E1AE5C55CCB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.54 MB ID:	853888