Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINALLY fired up the darn thing. Bout time!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY fired up the darn thing. Bout time!!

lonnie mac Troutman Spinaker Steve B Henrik et all.

​​​​​​​I am amazed at how wide open I have this thing to cook at 250° Perhaps I did something wrong?? All good though. Next time I’m gonna load up as much as I can with the FOGO. Tic toc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61C9BC57-EFBD-4FBB-9FCD-2761C23B2875.jpeg
Views:	413
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	814921

Name:	AB3691B9-4D12-48FA-834C-50341374F5C9.jpeg
Views:	395
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	814922

Name:	61EF15FC-C2D5-4D0D-BB8D-1735A4B705A1.jpeg
Views:	402
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	814923

Name:	CA6EE228-CEDA-4E11-8620-93E13B612545.jpeg
Views:	399
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	814924

​​​​​​​

Filled her up or Fired her up??

90 pounds of cold meat will cause extra fuel consumption.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Be real. 86lbs

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya missed a spot.

Maybe all that cold meat is making it hard to reach temp? Always a learning curve to a new cooker. What time are we eating that feast?

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. I know better but.... not really. I had an issue with not putting all the meat on. Messed with my Chi. I really need to learn to cook less.

• DesertRaider
      DesertRaider commented
      Editing a comment
      HouseHomey My wife keeps telling me to cook less. Which is when I point out we have a big freezer and vacuum sealer for a reason. That usually ends the conversation. For the night

Looking good Homey.

Comment

Suh-weeet!!!

Comment

If you never find out how much your BBQ can hold did you really cook on it???

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope. I need to get me another one of those racks. Darn box only came with 1/2 a rack. Then we will see. They have an 8 slot rib rack too. Temped on that. Oh heck let’s shop!

Now that's a mess a meat, nice stet up.

Comment

Comment

I think we can get over across town in time for dinner....

Comment

Serious question: What does one do with all that meat once it's cooked? I have never cooked more than 4 racks of SLC's at one time. Admittedly, when I do it down at my vacation home I bring them to my friend's store where he generally feeds 15 to 20 people a night (friends and family) in the summer and they all get eaten. But short of a large gathering, what do you do with the meat?

Comment

• Dewesq55
                Dewesq55 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks. I'm dying to test the capacity of my cookers (both of them, but separately) but I don't know what I would do with all the meat. I particularly would like to see if I can hang 8 racks in my ThermoTemp XL. I'd also like to see how many racks I can fit on my COS with my new double rack system.

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                "Then my wife and kids will eat ...".

Immortal!

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                I personally can eat leftover ribs, pork or beef all week. That said, it all vacuum seals and freezes well too - I recently ate some baby backs I pulled out of the freezer and naked - they were from a cook in December, and tasted great.

Only Homey of the House would cook all the livestock in the area on an initial cook! 👍👍👍🕶

Comment

Now we’re talking! THAT’S how to inaugurate a cooker 👊🔥

Comment

you could have gotten a couple pig shots on there

Comment

Comment

• Attjack
                      Attjack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I like to foil my deflectors so I don't have to scrape the carbon off of them. The grates are nice in that they're split so they fit in the kitchen sink although I wish they were stainless steel.

• Steve B
                      Steve B commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Glorious.
                      And yup she’s officially a cooker. 👍

Nice Homes, now that’s what I call some home cookin’

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here