Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No review, No Coronavirus, No pellets. I’ll start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No review, No Coronavirus, No pellets. I’ll start

So this arrived on Valentine’s Day. That’ll teach me to be grounded for surgery.

Gee whiz time off is expensive especially by the time you add the racks, Kick ash baskets, divider etc...

So it’s still sits in my garage as I can not move it and my FIL is finishing my Cypress table I bought with it. Seems like I bought it a long time ago.

Sure would be nice to cook on it some day. (FiL in photo, you know firemen. Always gotta be first)

Click image for larger version

Name:	81B51DDE-B3D2-4CFD-9080-F1C8BC46897E.jpeg
Views:	338
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	807339

Name:	8EA0FF63-E6E4-49F0-ACAB-D99E24F65D76.jpeg
Views:	363
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	807338

Name:	2B5E650D-0112-4E49-AD59-254AC4446D74.jpeg
Views:	346
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	807340

Name:	1A9E4430-4733-4B31-BAE2-58B62234CC4D.jpeg
Views:	342
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	807341

Typical SoCal garage, everything but the car!

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Got news, it ain’t just a Callie thing

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Years ago had an HOA that required that I keep both cars in the garage...
      Got pretty good at keeping it clear. Even now I can always park at least one in there. LOL

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      I can get both in mine and one is a F150!

Did I forget to mention I also have a basement full of crap.

Hey HouseHomey --nice XL! I've been running the LC 300 Primo for the past few years and I'm a fan--you'll love it. If you're thinking of a temp controller take a look at the Smobot. Look forward to seeing some cooks!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      The Smobot is great on kamados, I use mine often.

• painter
      painter commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the cradle with stainless wings but wish I had your table!

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Now I gotta check out the smobot and my cooker is still sitting on the pallet. Tic toc.

Oh man, the makings of a beauty!

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Gee shucks, so there is still hope for me.

If I ever get a ceramic it's going to be that oblong mamma jamma right there. Sweeeetness!!

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m stoked!! I bout a brisket pre surgery so it’s like 3 1/2 weeks now in the garage fridge.

Congrats my friend. You just received one of the best cookers around. Errr oval. 😁
    Can't wait to see it in action. 👊👊

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Very true. I think he needs a doctor. Steve B

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      You’ll do fine Steve.

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      😂😂

but how will you fry your wings on that?

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      At 700°

ComfortablyNumb This was just the initial order. At least two more have come and are now almost all gone.

Name:	74FA9118-ADC9-41DB-A864-7D94FFFAEC8E.jpeg
Views:	329
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	807377

Name:	B9F1ACF8-7E7D-4F09-ACAB-0E82157322E4.jpeg
Views:	328
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	807378

Comment

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that how you paid for the primo?

• Dan Deter
      Dan Deter commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a scary amount of cookies...

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Peanut Butter Patties RULE!

haha! That’s like drunk shopping.....injured and out shopping! I like the cooker though!

but those cookies! Omg.....I wouldn’t be able to contain myself in that garage...who knows what my tab would be with the tagalongs and PB cookies! Hahahah! Give me a glass of milk and

hey, get that cooker going! I wanna see smoke and some of the cookies added into the cook some how!

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      130 calories for two PB cookies. The struggle is real.

I see the norcos won the budget battle! Congrats. I have been thinking about a ceramic for a while, just can't find one big enough to hold wood splits, or figure out where you attach the propane.

Comment

• Jim White
      Jim White commented
      Editing a comment
      My ancient Kamado #9 would hold wood splits but I've never chucked them in there. And I bought it with a propane burner that slides into the lower vent slot. I gave up on using that as a starter when the hose burst on me and turned the tank into a blowtorch until I closed the valve...

Man, oh man, that thing, in your hands, will be a magical organic matter transformation machine. Say hi to the Fire Marshal from me.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do. You know you guys are, all builder, contractors and the like. He took my table the 14th with the Minwax I bought. I think he’s putting it together tomorrow or so. Was easier to finish in pieces while new an on the bench he said.

Ok HouseHomey nice Primo but just to clarify things did you "give" or "get" it for Valentines Day? Lol.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I ❤️ Myself

Enjoy!

Comment

Patiently waiting for you to finally cook something on this thing. I know you can do plenty of stuff with one arm, you're a chef. Get to it.

LMK what you think of that FOGO. We ain't burning cornstarch any more boys.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Cornstarch. Lmao.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL, in all seriousness, I can't wait to see what you come up with on the Primo. You are a hell of a cook and that Primo is gonna suit you well! HouseHomey

Also, I wish I lived closer because I woulda had this baby all put together for you already!

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha! Thanks brother. Yeah that brisket, a ridiculous amount of wings and some serious chunkage would have been gone.

You will put your shoulder out lifting that lid!

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Good thing he has two shoulders to work with.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here