Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primo XL400 Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primo XL400 Accessories

XL400 being delivered next week. Purchased these with it: extended cooking rack, cast iron firebox divider, ceramic heat deflector kit.
    Can you guys recommend any others? Thanks.

Congrats on the new cooker. Sorry, but I can't help.

Comment

You have all the accessories I have except for the ash tool plus a fan and controller. Unfortunately, for guys like me that like buying accessories there aren't a ton for the Primo.

Comment

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
        You have all the accessories I have except for the ash tool plus a fan and controller. Unfortunately, for guys like me that like buying accessories there aren't a ton for the Primo.
        What are the fan and controller?

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          They aren't Primo only accessories. But when I bought my Primo it came with a DigiQ DX2 temperature controller, a BBQ Guru fan, and the kamado adapter. It's an unnecessary luxury that allows you to set your desired temperature of the pit instead of fiddling with the vents.

I got such a good deal on mine, it allowed me to spend on other accessories. In addition to your stuff, I got the cast iron griddle which I love! We do smash burgers, steaks, grilled sammiches, etc. It’s really nice. Also bought the grate scraper, that’s been a surprise, I like it more than I thought.

Comment

Be sure to foil your heat deflectors to keep them looking like new.

Comment

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
            Be sure to foil your heat deflectors to keep them looking like new.
            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by au4stree View Post
              I got such a good deal on mine, it allowed me to spend on other accessories. In addition to your stuff, I got the cast iron griddle which I love! We do smash burgers, steaks, grilled sammiches, etc. It’s really nice. Also bought the grate scraper, that’s been a surprise, I like it more than I thought.
              Thank you.

Comment

I have a primo 300 and use a Smobot for a temp controller--mostly on long cooks. I've been really happy with it as it's worked extremely well and holds temps to whatever set point you input. Besides the Smobot, I'd second au4stree on the grate scaper. And ash scraper tool also is very handy.

Comment

The only other thing I would suggest is a FireBoard. Use it for temp monitoring and it'll also drive a fan for long un-attended cooks. Way better than a DigiQ. (I own both)

Comment

• Bobmcgahan
                    Bobmcgahan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What fan are you using with the Digi Q? I’ve never had any issues with it so trying to figure out what better functionality Fireboard might give me.

• fttank
                    fttank commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Used a Pit Viper for both the DigiQ2 and the FireBoard. Got more consistent and level temperature control and having the alarms on my phone and not at the pit allows be to sleep away during a long cook.

As stated, there aren't a ton of accessories for the Primo. That said, I have the Fireboard, FireBoard Drive cable, and a PitViper fan and absolutely love them for long overnight cooks. I bought a Smokeware cap too, I like it so far, but haven't owned it long enough to say whether I recommend it or not.

I bought a stainless steel grate from the Ceramic Store. I bought both halves, but only use one.
                  Shop best prices and most useful kamado accessories. ✔️Awesome package deals Big Green EGG & Primo Oval grills. ✔️Retail store Dallas, Fort Worth - Denton TX.

I also have a GrillGrate. Same story, I bought both halves, but only use one.
                  HALF Set of GrillGrates for the Primo Oval XL New Design Offers More Coverage For Bigger Grills and More Versatility Two 17.375" X 5.25" GrillGrates Cut to Fit The Oval Shaped Primo Divide & Conquer Your Large Charcoal Grill Includes the GrateTool and User Guide

A caveat about the aftermarket grates and GrillGrates, they sit on the firebox, so they are lower than your "stock" grates. You can put the GrillGrates on the stock grates, but I think they work significantly better on the firebox.

Hope this helps and congrats on the Primo!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here