Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

table-for-"the-beast"-part-ii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Table for "The Beast" part II

ITS DONE! Came out rather well if I do say so myself. Advanced engineering was used. Click image for larger version  Name:	71ADE9CF-1F31-4D6B-8777-3162CD4E9541.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.65 MB ID:	483339
    First, the rough framing was completed. The wheels were a last minute afterthought, so that’s why you see the unfinished blocks. I needed spacers. Also the middle legs needed to be made longer. Oops. If you copy the plans YES you need the wheels so plan ahead

Click image for larger version  Name:	066019A1-D7E0-4DDB-816E-AA3872FFC853.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	3.21 MB ID:	483344

The Beast is heavy. So this is the advanced engineering. Also this is why you need a tiki hut. The 8 inch cypress rafters can be used to hoist heavy grills up when needed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	467C4613-9261-4AAF-A4C0-A8311C006DEB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.56 MB ID:	483341 And here The Beast is finally home. It is sitting on 2x4 planks with another 2x4 running down the middle for even more support. Each plank is screwed into the middle support and resting on 2x6 boards cut into the 4x4 legs. This table can support 1,000 pounds easily.

Click image for larger version  Name:	386D8A2A-013C-4429-A456-9D42EBA38D62.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.90 MB ID:	483342
    And it’s done. The top is as it is. I decided to use finishing pine not pressure treated. No stain. It will be varnished to a high gloss.
    Attached Files

good call, don’t want pressure treated near food

Comment

I’m still using a cutting board

Comment

Excellent, next is the cook. See the temp pokin in. What ya cookin?

Comment

St. Louis cut ribs. They were good

Comment

I like the rigging!!

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Great job done, now time to enjoy.

Comment

Eggcellent!

Comment

Great addition. Love the tiki hut too.

Comment

Nice work thanks a lot for sharing

Comment

Thanks for the good words. Now the only grill related projects will involve hot charcoal. I have learned a lot from this site and the book. So glad I heard Meathead on NPR while at work one day. Half way through that interview I had already ordered the book because I didn’t want to wait for later and maybe forget.

Comment

Excellent craftsmanship!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here