Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

table-for-"the-beast"-part-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Table for "the beast" part 1

Got the major work done today. I’m using Pressure treated wood because outdoors and this is florida (will not be cutting food directly on the table either). I want this thing to last.

4x4 support legs. There will be 6 in the finished project, four are visible now. I dado cut them so the 2x6 beams aren’t supported by screws only. The screws simply hold the board in the notch while the glue cures. The front to back suppers are 1x6, again notched into the 4x4. Making all those cuts without a dado blade and table saw slowed progress.

The idea is to lay 2x4 across the 2x6 beams to plank it in, then use thin paved blocks on top of the wood platform, then use the grill feet and finally lift The Beast into place. The whole table will be 5 feet long and 29 inches wide. There will be a lower shelf next to the grill, made from 1x4 because it won’t carry much weight. I may or may not put another shelf under the grill. Probably won’t.

But yea. 2x6 notched in 4x4 posts - this table can support a lot more than The Beast weighs. Even full of food. Click image for larger version

Name:	5989B260-33C3-4642-A37E-27B587174D75.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	479132

You'll be happy about doing the dados for many years!

Comment

I can tell already that it’s a nice stout table for the beast.

Comment

I think so too. I’m actually copying a table available for Primo grills, but mine will be much stronger. Made from yellow pine not fancier wood, but still significantly stronger. I just don’t see spending the cash on something like this and trusting wood screws alone for support.

Comment

Nice plan! Solid table. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Keep the pics coming. Looks like you’re off to a great start.

Comment

Yeah all well and good, but we’re running out of time. The week will be over before ya know it, c’mon hurry up!

Comment

Nice Work

Comment

Looking good. Can't wait to see the final.

Comment

Solid base! Keep those pics coming!

Comment

Love that solid construction.

Comment

Cool table build, I'll be followin along, as well!

Comment

Simple, solid, and strong. Just like good bbq.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here