Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primo Oval Xl question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primo Oval Xl question

This is an open question to the Primo Oval XL owners out there that have used the extended racks.

When using the extended cooking racks, does the OEM dome thermometer touch your food?

I was cooking ribs and a Pork butt this weekend, ribs on top, and I noticed the dome thermometer was reading quite low, so I opened the top and had a perfect little circle in my rack of ribs below the thermometer. It appears to have poke a hole into my ribs. Has this happened to anyone else? How much room do you normally have with the extended racks in?

Thanks!

I don't use the extender racks very often. More often for searing (flipped upside down and fitted into the fire box) than for extra real estate. If I'm using them as designed, its usually when i've got the divider in and am just using half the cooker (one extender) so the thermometer doesn't really come into play. If you can't fit something try flipping the main grate feet up - that'll give you another inch or so.

Comment

Sephon It sometimes happens on my BGE. One recommendation is to put the clip on the outside of the ceramic. It doesn't bold the thermometer in the ceramic, but it does get it off of the food. You will need to careful when lifting the lid.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here