Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mind the gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mind the gap

So i have noticed that there is a pretty sizable gap between the lid and the rest of the grill. Any thoughts on how to correct, is it a band adjustment issue? I deactivated the springs and it seemed like the gap went away, but when i reactivated them it came back, on the right side. Thank you!
    Attached Files

It looks like you have a Primo. I have a BGE and when aligning I don’t mess with the springs, but rather adjust the bands.

Comment

Have you considered a new gasket, they don’t last forever and I think high temp cooks are hard on them. I have never adjusted anything on my Primo XL.

Comment

Fixing Gaps

Comment

Gasket looks in decent shape, it’s only a year old. What i ended up doing is deactivating the opposite spring from the gap-it felt like the spring was holding the lid open and causing the gap. Now with more weight being applied in that area, the gap is gone. I’ll see how it works today.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here