Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primo XL pizza attachment or Ooni?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Excellent, thanks!

• Sid P
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B1769312-717F-4F2B-89E2-04DE9FAB9CCE.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	1328769 Attjack This thread is great, and I use the dough recipe he describes on page 4, post 47: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...zza-techniques

I use the sauce and cheese described in "The Pizza Bible", and I can get you that info if you don’t have the book.

I tried using cheap baking pans, and they don’t work at higher pizza oven temps. This one works perfectly: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Sid P; November 16, 2022, 10:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Sid P Can you tell me a little about it? Dough recipe? Technique?

• Sid P
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack It’s our favorite kind.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Sid P That picture up there makes me want to try making Detroit Style pizza.

• Sid P
    commented on 's reply
    You can cook at whatever temp you want. I turn the burner all the way down when I’m 30-50° below my target temp. For instance, the Detroit style in my post above was cooked at roughly 650°.

• JCBBQ
    replied
    As a Primo XL owner i'll make my recommendation. I mean, I make excellent pizza in the Primo without the attachment. I don't think you need that. Sooooo, if youre gonna buy something anyway, i'd say get the dedicated pizza oven.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Thunder77 Yeah, 900 is the top range and good for Neapolitan. I can't remember the last time I did one since my wife doesn't care for them. They were all I did for a while. She loves the NY crust and we have been doing them exclusively for a while now as she makes the dough. I go hotter than 500 though and I think 600 - 700 is probably what authentic NY pizzerias are doing.
    Last edited by Attjack; November 16, 2022, 12:13 PM.

• Thunder77
    commented on 's reply
    Can you get you gas pizza oven around 500 degrees to do NY style pizza? That’s what I favor, and 900 is waaay to hot for NY style.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    On the contrary, this is a very healthy MCS discussion regardless on where you stand on the options we're debating.

• Attjack
    replied
    Another thing I can do with my gas fired oven is to adjust temperature on the fly. Depending on the pizza, I will often launch the pizza with the oven on full blast and then turn it down for a bit. Sometimes I turn it back on high once again for the final seconds.

​​​​i also find this ability useful when I'm cooking other stuff in the oven like steak for instance.

Leave a comment:

• hoovarmin
    commented on 's reply
    This is not a healthy discussion for my MCS

• Attjack
    replied

Name:	20180226_190610.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1328053

I top out around 900f.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I can't speak for the Ooni but my Blackstone gets to temperature in 10 minutes. I just turned the dial, click the button, and walk away. Then I set a timer for 10 minutes and prep the pizza.

• Argoboy
    replied
    I have the Primo XL pizza attachment and it works well, from what I have read/watched most experts say a pizza oven takes about 30 min until the stone is completely heated, so it does not matter what you use for a heat source. My primo with pizza attachment easily gets to 700F, I had trouble getting my Primo this hot before. I have a round Primo pizza stone and I usually put my pizza on parchment paper. The pizza should be rotated as it cooks.

Name:	CC34DD9A-87C0-4E3F-A3DB-60B9EA59267B.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	1328046

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here