Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primo introduces half moon drip pans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primo introduces half moon drip pans.

Another in the series of new accessories Primo has announced this week is a drip pan. I do not know what they are priced at. I do not understand why Primo only sells through regional dealers. I find that highly frustrating. Do you think they know there's a thing called e-commerce? I can understand not wanting to deal with shipping the actual kamados but why not sell accessories online?

Click image for larger version

Name:	n9IC2qS.png
Views:	341
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1165108

I found it for sale at kickass. $200 for a set of drip pans seems a little high to me. They don't even list the material or what gauge it is.

$124.00
    Instant Savings: $25.00
    Special Price $99.00+ Free Shipping

The Half Oval Drip Pan for Oval XL 400 from Primo provides a convenient accessory to use with your Primo grill. This high-quality drip pan offers an easy way to catch grease and other cooking byproducts for less flare-ups and less mess. This pan has been designed specifically for use with the Primo Oval XL 400.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Regardless of price, what’s the practical application of a "drip pan"? Not being facetious, just don’t understand the benefits.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      JCBBQ To keep grease from mucking up your cooker.

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm. I guess I don’t really see the need.

The archery industry with respect to compound bows has slowly adapted to e-commerce.

Comment

I found that a standard 1/4 steam table / shallow chafing dish pan fits perfectly between the heat deflectors and grill grates on my Primo XL. I use it when I cook a turkey, I use a modified version of the smoked turkey recipe from the free side of the site (I add orange juice and Grand Mariner to the gravy, as well as anything I trim off or find inside the turkey that are not giblets). Gravy goes on the heat plates after the grill reaches the set temperature then I put the bird in after another 30 minutes or so when everything is quite steamy, by the time the turkey is finished it is simmering nicely and has reduced a little bit).

I have used the pans under low and slow pork, but to be honest the cleaning process is a bit much. Some of the fat will burn on the pan, and you are gonna need easy off or draino to remove it. It is way easier to just put down aluminum foil then toss it, or just use nothing and after the cook flip the plates then let er rip with all vents wide open until it stops smoking.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        You're right about just using foil. I do that most often. Before that I used aluminum foil pans more often but the big roll of foil from Costco produces a cheap and easy solution.

• SmokeyGator
        SmokeyGator commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack even cheaper and easier is to kill it by fire. Flip the plates and open all vents. It doesn't take too long after that

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        SmokeyGator I even foil the deflector plates and still use a drip pan or foil 😂 But I mostly use the Primo for low and slow. Keeping stuff foiled means I don't have todo a clean burn as often.
        Last edited by Attjack; January 28, 2022, 02:17 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here