Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on a Primo XL Oval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpietrantone
    replied
    Due to Spinaker and everyone else, I have changed my mind and got the go ahead from the boss. This grill will be mine! Thanks as always for all of the help and suggestions.

Just couldn't pass it up. Hoping to pick it up Saturday.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Kettles are great, I like mine too......but Kamados are in a whole 'nother league. And Primo is top of the line and made in the USA. The only one that is these days. Win/Win.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Kamados offer much more temp stability when cooking. You can also cook a variety of different foods to perfection. Kamados are basically outdoor ovens. The refractory heat you get off the lid is perfect for char cheese in a pizza cook or glazing meats. Also, with a Primo you get true two-zone cooking. That is huge, IMHO. You can also get Kamados ripping hot with out issue and that is really where that two zone cooking comes into play.

• jpietrantone
    commented on 's reply
    Spinaker I know this is an amazing deal. What are the main differences between the 2? I'm also worried about how to get this on the bed of my truck since I don't have a trailer or hitch.

• Spinaker
    replied
    Ummmmm. I would certainly reconsider. That is an insane deal for that. I would be all over that. Cooking on a kettle and an Oval are two different experiences. For 800 clams? That thing would already be on my patio. And at $600? That is unreal. If nothing else, buy and flip it for profit.

Leave a comment:

• Murdy
    commented on 's reply
    I got a kamado for my wife, best trade I ever made.

• Oak Smoke
    replied
    I love my kamado. Had that been near me I would have been all over it like ugly on an ape.
    Last edited by Oak Smoke; October 20, 2021, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jpietrantone
    commented on 's reply
    Richard Chrz I honestly wasn't comfortable with 800. When they offered it for 600 I got a lot more interested. I'd love to have a weber komado at some point. I just can't bring myself to spend that much right now. I know it's worth it.
    Last edited by jpietrantone; October 21, 2021, 12:45 PM.

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    For a couple more hundred dollars, (if you were comfortable with 800), I’d pass on the 26 kettle and get a 24 summit kamado from Weber instead.

• jpietrantone
    replied
    So after thinking more on this, I've decided to not to buy this grill. I know it's an awesome cooker, but it's about the same size as my weber kettle. I think I would rather get a 26 inch kettle or possibly a pellet smoker in the future. Thanks for everyone's input though!

I can't believe I resisted the urge. Haha

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    If your young and good looking you can always find another wife....just sayin....

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Go to YouTube for some ideas on movers for Kamados. I made one for my Egg

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I carried mine into the backyard after removing everything inside and the lid (which is apparently not recommended). It was heavy and worse than that it was hard to get a hold of.

• jpietrantone
    commented on 's reply
    This is my thought as well as long as the dimensions are not too big to fit in the garage along with everything else. Any idea how heavy the cooker is? Could one person lift it into a truck?

• Attjack
    replied
    I sure like mine. For $600 you could get it and play with it. If you don't like it you could sell it for a profit.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here