Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firebox insert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firebox insert

I have had my Primo for about a week and really like it compared to the BGE. 2 zone cooking is back.

one question - what is this firebox insert fo? The only thing i don’t like about the primo xl is its harder to clean. When i took this insert out, it was much easier to clean. Do I need to keep this in?
    Attached Files

You sure that's not someone's tombstone?

Comment

I assume it protects the exterior ceramic. I never thought about it but most likely if you cook w/o it you will void the warranty. I’ve also never cleaned it. The only "cleaning" I do is removing the ash. And maybe every year I’ll do a high heat burn.

Comment

JCBBQ emailed primo and they said the same thing. Protects the exterior ceramic from the high heat coals that slip through the grate.

Pretty pumped, friend of mine bought me the kick ash basket, kick ash can and the divider. Didn’t realize how dang expensive that stuff was.

Comment

You are going to love the kick ash basket, pan, and divider. I’ve had mine for a couple of months and just shake it and clean it. If anyone else is interested you can buy it for your Primo at ceramicgrillstore.com. You’re right, it’s expensive ($218.00), but worth every penny.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here