Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Input and comments on BLAZE 20″ CAST ALUMINUM KAMADO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input and comments on BLAZE 20″ CAST ALUMINUM KAMADO

Looking for input and comments on BLAZE 20″ CAST ALUMINUM KAMADO thanks in advance.

I'm interested as well.

Comment

My only thought is that aluminum is a very good conductor of heat, the ceramic shell on a Kamado is a good insulator​​​​​. It may take more fuel to maintain your desired heat with the aluminum shell.

Comment

BBQ Guys surely gives it a high rating. I dont know of anyone who owns one.

Comment

• grillinglousiana
          grillinglousiana commented
          Editing a comment
          BBQ guys..are Blaze owners

- I want to preface this with I do not own a Blaze.
        - About 2 years ago I was hot to trot to get one to add to the herd of Kamado’s I have. We have a local dealer here in Va Beach.
        - I went to look. Walked away really impressed with the Blaze overall. It is a nice unit. No doubt it will last a looooong time. Aluminum construction does not scare me off, I have cooked for years on a PK.
        - Reason I walked away was the 20” size. Did not want to be hamstrung with limited accessories or unable to take advantage of the CGS offerings or any of BGE or KJ’s innovation.
        - The above was the sole reason I got cold feet. I had one of the early Primo gray ovals that I eventually gave away and have had a Primo XL for 6 yrs now. For a while if you wanted an accessory for an Oval you were stuck with only Primo options. Along came the CGS with oval accessory options so I had choices.
        - I think I made the right decision for me at the time. I am not sure if any of the ceramic Kamado makers are producing a 20” Kamado now.
        - Even though I walked away I still have my eye on them and frequently looking on "Tempest Search" for one at a good price. I have seen 2 for sale at great prices within 300 miles from me.

Comment

Max Good knows.

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            did not find Max Good's Review of BLAZE 20″ CAST ALUMINUM KAMADO.

We will be reviewing the Blaze Cast Aluminum Kamado after the first of the year. Stay tuned.

Comment

Here is one review - they seem to find that the 1.25" thick aluminum held heat well. That is some THICK metal!!!

https://outdoorcookingpros.com/blogs...-kamado-review

Like tiewunon mentions, I think one thing to scare you off is the unusual size. Lots of grills and kamados have 18" or 22" grates. Not many have 20", so it limits you a good bit. Kamados seem to skip from 18" to 24", aside from the SnS Kamado. The unusual construction and wall thickness compared to a ceramic Kamado may also be a factor in what accessories will work, making you be stuck with Blaze only as a source of parts or accessories.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you think it's really 1.25" thick aluminum or is it that thick including a channel air between 2 layers of aluminum?

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              I do think it is 1.25" thick and solid too.

grillinglousiana i think it’s more correct to say they’re owned by the same people ( a private equity company in recent years). My sense is blaze makes some good products at an affordable price, and I’m not usually one to get too hung up on disclosures, but I get the distinct impressions this conflict of interest substantially shapes their "reviews" tho most people don’t know it and BBQ guys doesn’t disclose it. ( not like it’s easy to find much in the way of genuine independent opinions on blaze’s products otherwise)

Comment

• grillinglousiana
              grillinglousiana commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats right...Blaze and BBQ GUYS are one and the same...they also make there own outdoor furniture..etc..the store brick and mortar was only because some of the other products they sale BBQ GUYS were required to have a brick and mortar /other wise it would have been online only...all that said they do have and support some amazing products...the outdoor kitchens on display are for real and you can make arrangements to test one out...its like a candy store for grillers.....

Made in China. Damn!

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              If it's American, it's made in China. LOL

any updates?
            anyone take the aluminum plunge yet?

Comment

I just discovered it in a bbqLuv post. Definitely has caught my eye. One thing that's nice about the unit is the integrated rotisserie. I like that there isn't a hoop to store. It's solid aluminum unlike some of the metal kamado offerings. I did pause because of the size. . .but they offer a complete line of accessories, drip pan, sear basket etc and again the rotisserie is really slick. Similar to the komodo but less ornate. I kind of like it!! 🔥🔥🔥❤️🐿

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here