Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Identify an unknown brand Black Kamado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify an unknown brand Black Kamado

Hi ! I live in Costa Rica and got an as a gift a Kamado, however, there was missing some internal parts (grills, etc) I Was trying to figure out which brand it might be too but the accessories (grill, multilevel, etc)

I tried to find the brand and I can't find any brand, serial #, logo, etc.

I'm including some pics and will really appreciate any clue.

Note, it measure 20" (Been measure on the outer part of the open grill)

was wondering if other brand parts could help me fix my Frankie (for Frankenstein )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by evega; April 24, 2020, 09:12 PM.

I don't know, but I did a google image search and there are several that look very close you what you have. You might do the same and spend a little more time trying to find yours.

Comment

• evega
      evega commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks RonB

looks like one I bought from Sam's some 15 years ago. Except the table extensions. those are an improvement. I would say you could find interchangeable parts. I do not remember the brand, as i left it outside year around and the frame deteriorated. It when't in the dumpster. Do you have Sams down there? It's a great cooker.

Comment

• evega
      evega commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi ! thanks for taking the time to reply back no, we don't have Sams this seems like a generic made in china one, will try maybe I'm lucky and the internal measurements match a brand one (BGE, Kamado Joe, etc) and could get those spare parts from them.

Chinese kamado manufacturers like Auplex, make unbranded floor models to display at trade shows. If yours is unbranded, it could be a show model.

Comment

• evega
      evega commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a ton, Max what happens is that here in CR there is no representation of any brand Kamado, (with the "exception of Weber Summit and Char-Brol Kamander) but no ceramic ones, so a couple of hardware stores imported some "generic ones" with their brand but supplies are very very out of stock, so what I'm looking is to get maybe a "brand one" parts that could fit in this 18" one.

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      Even though yours may not be exactly 18" diameter, the 18" BGE is a benchmark design and many companies make internal parts that will fit it. I can't guarantee that is the case with this unknown model.

It looks like a Visions, but if it was the name would be on it. The grilling grate is different.

Comment

• evega
      evega commented
      Editing a comment
      on no, the grande was make locally as it didn't come with all the inner parts, was just the shelf and firebox, all other metal components within were missing.

18" internal measurement is the same as the large Big Green Egg. I have a Bayou Classic Cypress Grill which is also 18" and the large BGE accessories all fit just fine. I have the BGE three tier rack and the plate setter. I also bought a Kick Ash basket and ash pan that fit just fine. I even had to replace the fire box and the large BGE fire box fit.
    Last edited by 58limited; April 25, 2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• evega
      evega commented
      Editing a comment
      the Large Big Green Egg wasn't 18 1/4″ diameter grid instead of 18" ? thought the Kamado Joe was the one at 18"

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      evega My memory failed me. I just remeasured my Cypress Grill and it is actually 19 1/4" internal diameter and the grate that came with it is 19" diameter. The 3 tier large BGE grate I bought for it is 18 1/4" so if your kamado is exactly 18" then the large BGE stuff won't fit.

• evega
      evega commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I'm wondering if Joe's Classic 18" will do the work, will try to see if via Amazon I could get them. Thanks a ton!

Agreed out of Auplex but whats interesting is the short firebox, I am sure it will work fine however the bottom half is going to get quite hot so be careful in that regard.

Comment

• evega
      evega commented
      Editing a comment
      yes!! very short one !

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here