Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kamado for $50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kamado for $50

Someone please tell me this is a terrible Kamado, a terrible deal, awful condition, not worth it, don't do it, etc.
    I have no room for it, but $50?
    Attached Files

I feel your temptation...

Comment

You're kidding, right? In two years you haven't learned we are a bunch of enablers?

Comment

Just do it. Only $50.00. Ugh I think I'm an enabler. 🔥

Comment

I'd need to see the insides of it. Looks very high mileage. But for $50, it's pretty low risk.

Comment

To be honest I wouldn't have posted anything about it until after I had it at home.
            Last edited by aladdin4d; July 18, 2019, 07:43 PM.

Comment

It does look like it will need a new gasket at the very least.

Comment

Its also the colors of your nasty, rotten football team.

Comment

My wife has a big ceramic planter that cost more than that. At the very least you fill it with potting soil and grow some nice tomatoes. Unless you drop the thing on your toes you can't go wrong IMHO.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                    ComfortablyNumb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Indeed. So even if the kamado is not salvageable, you have a planter conversation piece and a new prep table.

• Craigar
                    Craigar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My wife would definitely repurpose that sucker. Case in point...when I was traveling for an old job, she took a couple of my old, colorful bowling balls and turned them into gazing globes. She would have a problem using both halves of this thing for flowers and basil.

I've gambled on whiskeys over $50 (yesterday, in fact). I say if you want it, do it! You can always re-sell for $65 to the next suck...I mean.. backyard pitmaster...

Comment

• Steve R.
                    Steve R. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is how I think about these things as well. If I can buy it cheap enough, it doesn't matter if I actually keep it or not. I bought a medium BGE and a PBC for $400 once just because the deal was there to be had. I ended up selling the BGE on CL about a month later for what my Weber Ranch kettle cost me. In fact, I delivered it to the guy on the way to pick up the Weber.
                    Last edited by Steve R.; July 18, 2019, 08:04 AM.

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bought end of season Performer at Home Depot last year $179. Already have one and two other kettles. Just couldn't pass it up. Sold it to guy at work for $220. Steve R.

For $50 it is worth a try. you never know what you will find out about it that you like. I would probably buy it just to try it out.

Comment

If you’re going to do that, do this instead. It’s $300 more, but you can resell it for $500.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6798419758587/
                    Last edited by Mosca; July 18, 2019, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I don’t know your collection of cookers, but if you just want to try a Kamado and the firebox and ring are in good shape it would be worth the $50:experience. Otherwise if you are looking for a more permanent experience Mosca suggestion is a good choice. I think the Kamado is a Grill Dome which is a pretty good brand. I have no idea why the ceramic finish has flaked off.

Comment

Unfortunately it was marked sold at 8am this morning. Oh well, maybe next time. I would like to try a kamado at some point, but I'm holding out until I win the monthly giveaway 🤣

Comment

• Craigar
                          Craigar commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Just go for broke and get the Komodo Kamado.

• ComfortablyNumb
                          ComfortablyNumb commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Next time? I hope next time you get there before the pixels in the ad have dried and snatch it up. Now go sit in the corner. ;-)

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here