Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primo Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primo Help!!

Hi All,

I have a primo XL and just replaced the gasket in it. One of the instructions, after you heat and hold for 30 min to set the adhesive, is to push down on the handle to make sure the adhesive stuck. Well I did that and something shifted. Now the edge (The part the gasket is on) of the ceramic insert in the lid is recessed in comparison to the black lid itself. This seams to be only on the front edge under the handle, but if it did shift ,then if that recessed I assume something else shifted out. It now no longer passes the dollar bill test in the front under the handle.

I emailed Primo and that was a week ago, the silence is deafening. I am really disappointed as I went with them because they are US based and I heard good things about their service, but that is for a different post.

My next move is to call the local place I bought it at to come take a look, but as I am out of warranty, I am trying to save the $. Thought I would try here and see if anyone had anything similar happen or any ideas.

I am sick over this. I hope to god I did not permanently damage something. I did not even push that hard, just some gentle pressure.

Thank you in advance.

All ceramics need an adjustment every now and then, typically the top half (lid) shifts fwd/backward a bit so it looks like it either has an underbite or an overbite. I assume both halves of the grill still have the same shape and size, you pressing down on the handle sure won't deform the ceramic. So, most likely it is a simple offset with the steel hinges. That can be adjusted by getting out your toolbox and loosening the bolts so the lid's position can be adjusted. I haven't checked, but there are plenty of YouTube videos illustrating this I assume.

Comment

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for helping to ease my mind. I will definitely check out the videos. Also your "overbite" underbite" description is way better then my inane ramblings of trying to describe the problem.

Thank you.

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      pjlstrat your alignment problem reminded me that I needed to realign my BGE. It didn’t take long. I found that after I aligned the bottom band loosing the top band and making sure the lids were aligned complete the jog with a tight fit.If you can't find anything on YouTube on the Primo I think the videos the BGE videos are transferable to the Primo.
      Last edited by LA Pork Butt; June 28, 2019, 04:12 PM.

Don’t worry, I’m sure you can fix the issue. Even in the unlikely event you can’t that Primo will still put out fantastic results. Sounds like Henrik has the solution for you.

Comment

In case anybody was wondering. I got the primo fix this morning. It turns out that the handle is connected to the band that goes around the top section of the grill. So when I pushed on the handle to seal the gasket the band shifted down words . Hammer and a block of wood and a very easy fix .

below are some before and after pictures for anyone that runs into the same problem .

Attached Files

Comment

Great! So, what are you cooking today?

Comment

• pjlstrat
          pjlstrat commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry I meant to put that in comments, not a separate post

Grilled tuna steak for the wife. Picanha for me and the kids.

Two salads:
        grilled zuchini and tomato with avocado and basil

mixed melon with mint and feta

grilled peach cobbler in the Dutch oven for dessert

Comment

Sounds wonderful, but nothing for me. LOL

Comment

• pjlstrat
            pjlstrat commented
            Editing a comment
            👍👍

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here