Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kamado Trial By Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kamado Trial By Fire

Check out this Kamado test Primo did against its competitors. Most didn't fair too well.

I guess I can't embed the video queued at the right time. Use this link to just to the right section: https://youtu.be/mxjh43Pyr0s?t=321

Thanks. I watched the entire video. Interesting to see one completely melt and one start to collapse.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Was that a Vision Grill that melted? Looked like the BGE held up and Kamado Joe was ruined. The real world example of a Primo surviving the Paradise Fire was an eye-opener.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GsyX1eS.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	689879

Comment

I'Ve never tortured my Primo, but good to know.

Comment

Do I have to die cuz I watched it? I can’t get over the one that melted down. Very impressive vid of a most impressive cooker. 👍👍👍. 🕶

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, that's one of those that you can get for around $500 on those shady sites. I don't know what name they are branded with. You get what you pay for.

• snowswamp
          snowswamp commented
          Editing a comment
          "I don’t know if we can return it for warranty purposes."

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          snowswamp That made me chuckle and made think of how Primo warrantied my firebox. They are good like that.

Kids stuff....that's a Saturday afternoon in my backyard....

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          You melt cookers frequently do ya?

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya sorta gotta be here to understand and even then....you'd just shake your head.

"I can tell you what's in the mix, but then I have to kill you" . Classic!

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          So deadpan too!

I guess they deserve their name.

Comment

Very cool. Nice to see BGE hold up well. I've had mine over temp by accident, up around 900, so I was confident it would pass, but it's nice to know.

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s pretty hot for a backyard deck, as is 900 in a Blackstone.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            It is pretty hot. Just not kiln hot.

• logchief
            logchief commented
            Editing a comment
            I too was glad to see the BGE stand up, I sure love mine

Except for the meltdown that's pretty much a BS comparison. Who cares what temperature the outside of a kamado can get to? It's totally dependent on what's used in the glazing compound and process. You cook on the inside, right?

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Picky, picky, picky! 🕶

• pjlstrat
            pjlstrat commented
            Editing a comment
            billg71 Your post above is correct, it is what happens on the inside. But this was not a "test" firing. In the back ground are their green ceramic pieces. This is their normal firing profile to sinter the ceramic and set the porcelain glaze. His point is that the other companies can not withstand their normal firing.
            Also keep in mind this test is EXTREME!! Normal ceramics and porcelains are fired at 1500 - 2000F, depending on chemistry

As a Ceramic Engineer (No snickering, yes there is such a thing) and a primo owner I found this very cool. Thank you for posting.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here