Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ceramic Grill Store fix for Brinkmann Trailmaster Ceramic Egg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceramic Grill Store fix for Brinkmann Trailmaster Ceramic Egg

With a recommendation thanks to LA Pork Butt I was able to fix an issue that I have been dealing with for awhile with my Brinkmann Trailmaster Ceramic Egg. The heat deflector plate that came with the grill ended up cracking completely in half, and since Brinkmann is no longer around I had no way to order a replacement. In the pictures that I am attaching it looks like there is a decent height difference between the two, but it is only about 1/4 of an inch. I also will add a picture later on with the upper grate on. I forgot to take that picture before putting a brisket on it for its first cook.

The recommendation was to contact CGS and see if there was a fix for it. After a few back and forth emails sending pictures and measurements they sent me a recommendation of what to buy with adding in the dimensions in the note of the order box. About a week later my new grate and ceramic stone arrived.

The stainless steel ring was custom welded to the specifications of my grill. The welds themselves are really clean and the entire unit is extremely sturdy. The design of the ring makes the setup of the grill a bit different, but in a good way. Instead of sitting down in the notches of the fire box that the original heat deflector did it instead sits on top of the firebox itself. Doing this elevates the new heat deflector close to an inch higher allowing for a bit more charcoal to be added to the firebox. In essence allowing for a longer cook time.

The recommendation from Tom, the employee I dealt with through email, was to go with the 13 inch stone. In the pictures below you can see that the new stone covers more of the charcoal. There is no hindrance of smoke or airflow with this new stone because of the notches for the old heat deflector are not blocked and there is still a decent gap around the circumference of the fire box. You can see the decent size difference between the two stones. In my eyes this is a good thing. The larger size of the stone allows for a larger piece of meat to be put on the grate without having edges be directly over the lit charcoal. This keeps those edges from burning over long cooks.

Overall I am extremely happy with this product and this company. The help that they provided in getting a fix to what could have completely knocked this kamado out of low and slow cooking is top notch. It also is nice that it is a family owned business as well. They also offer drip pans, gloves, aprons, different fuels, rubs, and other specialty bbq equipment as well as upgrades available specifically for the BGE, Kamado Joe, Pit Boss, Primo, and Vision. If you are looking for a two or three tier grate system for you XL BGE they can help you out. Need a 9 slot rib rack holder for your Primo XL 400 they got it. Or if you need a replacement ceramic stone or stainless steel drip pan to use in your cooker they have it.

Just going to drop their website here if people want to check them out.
    Shop best prices and most useful kamado accessories. ✔️Awesome package deals Big Green EGG & Primo Oval grills. ✔️Retail store Dallas, Fort Worth - Denton TX.

The first picture is of my old ceramic heat deflector that is held together simply by friction of the two pieces being pushed together. The second picture is pretty self explanatory lol. And the third is my replacement I received from CGS.
    Attached Files

Very cool that you got a fix for the issue. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here