Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tempted by this Kamado K7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tempted by this Kamado K7

They are asking $450.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00808_7oSOyCXya9N_1200x900.jpg
Views:	2609
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	672155

Name:	00303_a876g5Jd0n3_1200x900.jpg
Views:	2707
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	672156

Looks pretty. What are the particulars?

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Kamado K-7 Charcoal Grill & Smoker. $450. Beautiful Blue Tile. Classic Design.

Stainless steel bands and pneumatic spring-loaded top. Stainless steel 18” main grill. Secondary 15” stainless steel grill for double layer grilling and smoking. 15” x ¾” pizza stone. Wheels. Good condition.

Buyer responsible for loading, hauling and unloading. Buyer may want a $49.95 Stainless Damper Top Collar from Kamado, since the steel screw mechanism on the cap is frozen open. (Seller uses tin foil, when dam

I assumed incorrectly this was a Kamodo Kamado. Can anyone tell me about this brand?

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Comment

I would pass on this. These are pretty much knock offs of the KK. The workmanship is far far far below a real KK. I have heard various stories of shotty workmanship etc. Tiles coming off in cold weather, lid not matching up, or having a serious under or over bite.

$450- is not a bad deal, maybe.......but I would pass.

Comment

• Histrix
        Histrix commented
        Editing a comment
        The K7 models/company existed before the Komodo Kamado company so technically not knock offs. Actually, one could say that the KK's are the knockoffs since KK came into existence from the ashes of the K7 company when it failed.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        You might be right. I guess, in this case, the knock off is far better far better than the original. Histrix

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack it looks like this thread saved you about 19 years worth of AR membership dues.

Highly suspicious. The Facebook site mentions the notorious Richard Johnson.

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Comment

• Max Good
        Max Good commented
        Editing a comment
        More on Richard Johnson: http://kamadofraudforum.org/viewforu...a7e46227dd0abd

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Is he related to the late Notorious B.I.G. ???

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait...there's such a thing as the "Kamado Fraud Forum". LOL. Is it a bunch of whiners exposing the deep underbelly of the kamado world .....

FireMan Here is a very brief review of Richard Johnson's Kamado Grills aka Kamado.com
      This troubled company has been sold and the new owner claims he started over with a new name and completely redesigned product line.

Comment

Don't walk away.....................Run away as fast as you can!!!!!! Many horror stories on the KK site from former owners!!!

Comment

Name:	Kamato Rocket.jpg
Views:	2093
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	672854

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            They do look nice.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            His is nicer looking than the one in the craigslist ad. I like the handle.

That looks very similar to my custom built Kamato Rocket. Custom built here in Las Vegas. I have a lot of money in it. Over $3,000.00 with all the goodies. Built in gas starter. tile made to order. All stainless steel and neumatic shocks, Love every aspect of it. Great temp control with the CyberQ. Heavy as it weights probably 500 pounds.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Pics?

Picture is in front of my comments. A bit new at posting.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure how I missed it. No doubt about it that is a pretty kamado.

I was going to buy a Green Egg but thought they were too expensive. Seen these and had weak moment and went way over budget. I do not regret the decision. I can put a brisket on in the evening, set the temp at 225 and go to bed. Temp will stay within 5 degrees. A lot different that staying up and drinking beer all night. Getting too old!!

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I hear you! I bought a Primo XL and it was my first kamado. I have a controller and fan for it too and it makes for stress-free low and slow BBQing. I even point a cheap WiFi camera at it so I can monitor temps from the bar.

So you haven't had any issues with it that required you to contact the manufacturer?

No issues from the manufacture. Had issues getting my CyderQ Cloud snyc'ed but Chuck helped me thru it. I can check the web site from the golf course and see how its doing Adjust the temp if necessary. Doing a small chuck tomorrow. Anybody interested in looking at the site here it is: Galaxy Outdoor

OUTDOOR KITCHEN ISLANDS By HPC® Fire Inspired™, previously by Galaxy Outdoor Shop Kitchen Islands Your outdoor kitchen, your way. At

Comment

I'm so confused by the history and ongoing saga of the original Kamado Company and Richard Johnson. It's clear that there was a huge quality problem and customer service problem with them. I purchased my Kamado #9, the largest model they made, back in 2005. I've haven't dug into all the details, but it looks like the complaints were already piling up around this time. But my cooker and the drum table I bought with it have remained perfect. Not a single tile has fallen off, all welds look fully intact and the shocks on the lid still function. The damper opens and closes with no difficulty.

I have a vague recollection that around the time I purchased it that although the company was located in San Diego, they outsourced construction to Mexico. I have no idea why my cooker has been so robust over the years when so many others have had huge issues. One factor may be that I did exclusively low and slow cooking for at least the first ten years with maybe a burger cook or three at a bit higher. I also wonder if they poorly supervised the builds and only the rare cooker was to spec.

Now that I'm trying to embark on higher temperature cooks, I wonder if I'll see structural problems develop or if all those years of low and slow did an incredible job of finishing curing that may have been a part of the problem.

Stay tuned, I'm getting ready to light the fire in a few minutes for my first pizza cook in it, so I'll go up to really high temps and stay there for 30 minutes or so to heat the cast iron pan before throwing a pie on. On previous high temp cooks, it's mostly been just to get a sear, although there have been a couple attempts at tandoori chicken or turkey breast that would have been cooks that were a bit longer.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here