Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow 'N Sear Kamado Arrival & First Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does look awesome.

Comment

Thank you for sharing. Great looking cooker!

Comment

"Huston, the Eagle has landed." Image result for lunar module

Comment

Congratulations on being the #1 SnS Kamado order, fuzzydaddy . That cook must have been so much fun, and the pulled chuck looks amazing. You must have had a couple of heart-stopping moments getting that cooker to the patio on those boards.

Enjoy many happy years of cooking on your fine new kamado. If I didn't already have a WSCGC, I would have jumped at a pre-order as well. Adrenaline BBQ has a reputation for quality and great customer service.

Kathryn

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you! I had a blast on the first cook and results were spectacular.

Meat looks great!

Comment

Won't you be my neighbor... nice cook and congrats!

Comment

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Welcome to the kamado side. It’s nice here. You are going to really like it

Comment

Congrats on the new rig FD!

Comment

Looks awesome. Both the cooker and the chuck. I have been toying with getting a kamado for a couple years now and this one might be the one that makes me pull the trigger. The reviews and cooks I have seen so far have been very impressive. Seems like ABC did a good job alleviating some of the main pain points of other kamados.

Comment

Here we call it MCS. On a guitar forum i used to be a member of we called it GAS (gear acquisition syndrome). However you chop it...i have it right now.

Great looking cook/cooker. fuzzydaddy is it going to replace your kettle with everything it can do it do you still see them as different enough?

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                        fuzzydaddy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Time will tell, but I'm thinking I'll use my kettles only when I need multiple cookers going. When I only need one it will be the Kamado. A few reasons...it can do everything the kettles can do and more, temps not affected much, if any, by the sun coming out, rain, wind, should not have much gunk buildup on the walls so easier to clean, less frequent ash cleanup with the big ceramic bowl, more efficient use of charcoal, can be set up w/o the SnS in traditional Kamado mode with the deflector.

• binarypaladin
                        binarypaladin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hadn’t thought about insulation the other way. Good point. When I do slow cooks in the summer, I always know when the shadow in my backyard covers my cooker. Ha. Temp drops fast.

"everything the kettle can do & more", like we needed to hear that. Looks like Dave did it again. 🕶
                      Last edited by FireMan; March 27, 2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Is this replacing your BGE? How do the two kamados compare?

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                          fuzzydaddy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes it is. The SnS Kamado comes with a ceramic heat deflector so take out the SnS, add the deflector, and it works like the BGE in an indirect setup. With the SnS it works like my kettles + SnS except it seems to be more efficient - on my 1st cook after almost 10.5 hours I still had quite a bit of charcoal left in the SnS. Best of both, plus some. I can't wait for the next cook.

• Craigar
                          Craigar commented
                          Editing a comment
                          fuzzydaddy What was your smoking temp?

Craigar 250-260 on the elevated grate. I didn’t have a probe on the regular grate.
                        Last edited by fuzzydaddy; March 28, 2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Craigar
                          Craigar commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Okay, that's pretty comparable to what I normally run in the kettle with SnS. Thanks for the info fuzzydaddy !

All I can say is WOW!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here