Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kamado Joe DoJoe appears to be on the market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kamado Joe DoJoe appears to be on the market

Cast aluminum pizza accessory could be promising but also expensive.

What do y'all think. Might it fit a large BGE? It looks like you run the Kamado with the top vent closed so you get more heat from the dome, which is what I always struggle with.
    Last edited by Chuck in Charlotte; March 13, 2019, 07:01 PM.

it will fit a BGE if it fits the KJ.I would think, because the Rotisserie Joe fits not he LBGE. And I am sure this fit is pretty similar.

Comment

Well, it looks cool.

Comment

I’m seriuosly considering it for my Joe Clasdic.

Comment

Spinaker Well, I got the DoJoe, but it doesn't seem to work on my LBGE. The BGE hinge pulls back and away, and the rear of the DoJoe is too high to accommodate the lid of the BGE, so you can't close the lid. I'm bummed, I was really looking forward to this working.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20190326_173459.jpg
Views:	1013
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	655863Click image for larger version

Name:	20190326_173450_001.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	655862

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting, I have seen others using it on their BGEs, in the past. Perhaps it has changed since they switched up the hinge system on the KJs?

That's a bummer... I really like the idea. Will they take it back?

Comment

• Chuck in Charlotte
            Chuck in Charlotte commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm waiting on a return email from the All Things Barbecue customer service. I don't see why they wouldn't take it back, I'll just have to pay shipping for a large, heavy box.

What if you get the "New Style Hinge" for your BGE?

Comment

I just looked at the BGE forum, and folks there say it won't work with either hinge. Apparently the Joetisserie works, but not the DoJoe.

Comment

I love accessories but I would probably just lift the lid and launch the pizza onto a stone then close the lid give it a few, lift the lid to check the progress, and repeat.

I've also used to the dome thermometer on my Weber 22 to catch the lip of kettle and hold the lid open for pizza access. Then you can freely slide pies in an out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here