Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS: Adrenaline Barbecue Kamado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I certainly wish them well with this endeavor. Hope they are prepared to deal with replacement parts. Ceramic kamados tend to break things - fire boxes, cracks in the base, etc. One of the reasons they tend to be so expensive compared to some other grills is the price has a builtin premium to allow for warranty replacement.

What is the warranty and do they ship replacement parts free to customer?

Comment

• Histrix
      Histrix commented
      Editing a comment
      Do replacement parts ship to the customer at no charge to the customer?

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Assuming it's a defect and they don't drop the thing from their roof, yes! I feel like I'm being interrogated.

• Histrix
      Histrix commented
      Editing a comment
      No interrogation, I haven't turned on the blinding heat lights yet.
      Just wanted to know how you compared to Kamado Joe/Primo/BigGreenEgg in dealing with sending warranty replacement parts to customers. Couldn't find it on your website.

Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
    The more I think about this the more I wonder about details. So I am curious about what the grill temperature is where you place the meet. Is it running 225, 250, 275 or even higher?
    It's up to you! You can run at any of those temps.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand that the temp is up to me, but at what temp is it when you are getting the good blue smoke. In your description you are saying the the good blue smoke is possible because the slowNsear is burning at a hotter temp that a traditional Kamado. What I am interest in knowing is the grill temperature at the place of the meat when you are burning hot enough to get this good blue smoke.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      You can get good smoke at 225 F. The SnS creates a hotter fire on the direct side while achieving low temps on the indirect side. It’s win win!

This is a pork butt test cook I'm doing today. Don't go too crazy on the thermometer being 225.0. I just got lucky with that pic!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	nuvvGxa8TeS%viygCvsQhg.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	642394

Name:	e8SOI00iTRSDdepj6hdJ9A.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	642393

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1a3f.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	642392

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Thing to remember is that is's super duper easy to add charcoal in two-zone mode, so adding charcoal is no big deal. It's a non-event that can be done in 30 seconds or less.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      It's easy to load charcoal into the SnS on my kettle too. That's doesn't mean I want to have to do it. As soon as I started cooking on a Kamado I immediately appreciated that not only could it do 20 hours on one load of lump you could pull the meat, shut down the vents, and start another cook the next day without having to refuel. I could certainly see doing tri-tip as you have it set up though. But having to add fuel for a kamado cook just seems like a step backward to me.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      The efficiency is similar if you keep the top vent mostly closed. You'll get less efficiency and more smoke if you open the top vent a bit. You get to pick.

You got 20 hours out of a basket and a half of charcoal? That's pretty dang efficient.

Comment

You have a winner Dave! Of course you know it, you’ve done your work, and have done it well.

Comment

I’m sold my next SNS Kamado and it comes i
      n my favorite color red oops I mean gray 🤓

Comment

I don't have a kamado, but if I decide to get one, this goes to the top of the list. I like the kamado/sns combo.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here