Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy To Keep My Kamado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy To Keep My Kamado

About a month ago, For a few weeks I was thinking about selling my Kamado. I thought I wanted to sell it and use the money to buy a 22” kettle and SNS. That thought process started because it sat unused for about 9 months after I bought by PBC. Between the PBC and my gasser (a 30” freestanding Alfresco), I thought I would never use the Kamado again. I was convinced it was too cumbersome. however, within the last week, I have turned out amazing seared steaks, the jalapeño poppers ( for those of you who remember that post) and tonight I grilled a whole salmon filet on salt blocks that were amazing. The Kamado was my 1st smoker and charcoal grill that I bought only 2 years ago. I turned out many a good product on it and it got me to where I am today in my smoking journey. I have decided I will not get rid of that beast! Whew, that was a close one!

Make some homemade pizza on that kamado and you’ll never ever sell it! Nothing comes close! (Well, you could build a wood fired oven, but a kamado is way more practical!)

Comment

Too versatile to get rid of - had ours since 2002.

Comment

Good call.
      I just picked up a KJ jr. and a large BGE this year and love both of them.

Comment

Glad to see you have come to yer senses. We wuz just about to take action. Good smokin to ya!

Comment

Glad to hear a hasty decision hasn’t filled you with regrets. Come winter you will be even happier you kept it.

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep. 100%. My kamado laughs at winter.

Good call.

Comment

They’re not the best at anything, but they’re really good at almost everything.

Comment

My Kamado fell over and broke years ago. Glad to hear your going to keep her. Just remind yourself it's another tool in your arsenal towards perfection.

Comment

Glad you decided to keep it. I own 4 kamados so I'm a little partial to them

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here