Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze Kamado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaze Kamado

MCS is real.

Anybody with any experience on the Blaze Kamado? Impressive looking rig, thick cast aluminum, lifetime warranty...
    Blaze is proud to present the industry's first kamado grill made from solid cast aluminum. Covered by a lifetime warranty. Find one at a retailer near you!

I've got a Blaze gasser, good quality, good company, so my expectation for their egg would be equally as high and from what I can tell, it looks the part (with a matching price tag).

TIA!

Yeah, these are beastly rigs. I would love to hear how they cook. That cast aluminum has me curious though.

I think you should buy one and let us know what you think.

Comment

• BourBonQ
      BourBonQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Trust me, The Pit would be the first to know if I hauled in one of these!

Seems weird to have it all cast aluminum and no ceramic. Wonder if it would get extremely hot at a high temp cook.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I would think it would, but I also think there is an air gap within the walls of the cooker. Not sure though.

Aren't these the guys who were shooting armor piercing rounds at their Kamado to prove how much better aluminum it is to ceramic?

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, that is them

I thought about getting one but decided against it.

Comment

I have not seen one so can't compare it to my kj classic. Downfall to the ceramic is you can break them, downfall to one made from aluminum of any type of metal would be high heat, metal does move and can move quite a bit when it gets hot, so I would have to wonder over time how well it would stay aligned,as well as being efficient compared to ceramic. I am in no way saying ceramic is better or the way to go just my opinion
      ​​​​​​

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Very solid points. I wonder the same things.

• Polarbear777
        Polarbear777 commented
        Editing a comment
        If it’s as thick as they say, then I’d expect the conduction to get the whole thing about the same temperature.

Of course aluminum melts at around 1200F so I’m hoping it comes with a steel basket or something. Maybe being that thick it would move the heat around quickly?

Looks cooler than anything except a KK.

There are a few people that own them over on the kamadoguru forum. They seem to like them.

Certainly don't have to deal with cracked ceramic parts.

Comment

I don't need one or want one, but, MAN! Those are pretty cool looking units.

Comment

It's solid. Instead of an insulation strip to seal the dome, the casting has a tongue in groove design. I like Blaze too! On my list to test.

Comment

• BourBonQ
            BourBonQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking forward to that review!

Ditto with JCBBQ. They look like they could do "lift off", very cool.

Comment

Wow that looks sweet.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here