Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Build The Lump Pile

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wondering if/why I need lump in my WSCG, as long as I have the fan blades to clean out the ash from the bottom of the pit during the cook, as needed. Thoughts?

Kathryn

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      CeramicChef : Well, nothing ventured...but I'm really not eager to start ordering FOGO, conveniencewise. I did that with Ozark Oak for my PBC and didn't see enough gain over KBB to make it worth the inconvenience. Too bad FOGO isn't available locally.

K.

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      fzxdoc in case you're not aware, fogocharcoal.com usually ships free, even for 1 bag.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, fuzzydaddy, for that info. I may give it a try in the future after I get my sea legs with KBB. At this point there are too many variables in my WSCG cooks. I'm working on narrowing them down.

K.

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
    I'm wondering if/why I need lump in my WSCG, as long as I have the fan blades to clean out the ash from the bottom of the pit during the cook, as needed. Thoughts?

Kathryn

Ash isn't anywhere near as big an issue for your cooker as it is a Kamado so briquettes are probably the best choice for you.

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanx.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here