Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Briskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Briskets

If I wanted to do two briskets or a brisket and other meat side by side, how big of a kamado would I want to get? I currently have a Weber Grill with a SNS and I can perfectly fit one brisket. I want to stick with charcoal, but want increased capacity.

What Kamado do you personally recommend?!?!

An Akorn would be able to handle it with the extra shelf if you want to do 2 briskets at the same time. Pretty much any kamado will do 2 briskets if you spring for the extra shelf capacity which almost all offer as an accessory. Or you can do one brisket on the kamado and one on the Weber.

I am fairly sure there is an accessory for the Weber that will let you add a second shelf but I will let a Weber owner confirm it can work with the SNS.

Comment

Contact Chef Eric Gephart through IG. He is their Inspirational Chef de cuisine and can answer your question easily AND accurately.

Comment

22”.

A LBGE fits one medium brisket, and needs workarounds to fit a large brisket.

Comment

A second basic Weber kettle is $139.00 no accessories or mods needed. Holds up to a trimmed 20 lb packer, 2-9 lb butts or 4 racks of baby backs…Just sayin.

Edit: oops accessory needed to do 4 racks.

Comment

I have the smaller BKK model, its a Keg 2000 I think, it comes with a shelf that plugs into the main grate so you could concievably do two small briskets on it.
            That being said most briskets I have done have been a tight squeeze on the bottom grate until they shrink up a bit and its major overhangage on the top shelf.
            If you got the Keg 5000 model it may be a tad better, I don't know the dimensions of the 5000.
            Don't know if I'd risk it even switching the briskets between grates during to cook.
            You may need to look at offsets in this case.

Comment

Cabinet smoker lots of room.
              In fact I have not used the capacity and have for sale.
              Just cooked last week this.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Prime rib on cascade.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	1362776

Comment

I understand MCS well, More Cooker Syndrome, and I don't mean to diminish the zeal of acquiring another cooker. But, dollar factor, I'd opt for a second shelf from SnS Grills. Or another 22" kettle, or a 26" kettle, or... Or heck, a kamado, have you thought about a kamado?

Comment

• J-Melt
                  J-Melt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think I would go kamado when we can. Do you have a favorite?

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  J-Melt The only kamado I have experience with is the Slow 'N Sear Kamado Deluxe from SnS Grills. I own it and haven't owned or worked with any others. So for what it's worth, it is highly recommended.

My Kamado Joe, Big Joe can handle that with everything on one level. OK I’m sure you could get 2 briskets that are too big to fit, but they would be pretty big. There are several very good kamados on the market. If you get one you will notice you can cook a long time on 1 load of charcoal, easily over 20 hours on most. You will also get the benefit of how well they hold moisture. Then there’s adding a smobot for set it and forget it operation. I make this pitch often enough I should copy it so all I have to do is paste. Good hunting!

Comment

• J-Melt
                  J-Melt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I will definitely look into kamado Joe. I’ve definitely thought about kamados and May go that route!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here