Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled the trigger on a Lifesmart Kamado Grill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled the trigger on a Lifesmart Kamado Grill!

Hello

I've been going back and forth about what type of grill and smoker to get, and I finally went ahead and just ordered the Lifesmart Kamado-style grill from Sam's Club. https://www.samsclub.com/p/lifesmart...e/prod24510784

I wasn't ready to pony up for a Big Green Egg or Kamado Joe, but I think this will be a fun entry into the ceramic grilling world.

Size-wise it's quite alright for now, and maybe as I get better I can upgrade to something bigger, but I'm still cooking for 2 mostly. Looking forward to when it'll be easier to get people together for bigger cookouts.

I think that from what I was reading, I need to reach out to Lifesmart to buy the heat deflector separately so I can use it as a smoker, but otherwise, any other recommendations are welcome on other accessories, recipes and general know-how videos on Youtube are greatly appreciated!

(I'll be sure to post my first meal on it!)

I went online and I couldn’t find that they sold the deflector separately. When I clicked on their link for the model it took me to SAMS and a plus bonus package for $599. The cooking grate is only 13” which is the same as the Char-Griller Acorn Junior which would be an inexpensive option to explore Kamado cooking. The Kamado Joe Jr is a good option which I have seen for less than $399 at the Ceramic Grill Store. My son-in-law has one and I really like the way it cooks. I have a BGE MiniMax which is more than adequate for cooking for my wife and me. If I had to do it all over again I would get the Kamado Joe jr.

Comment

• Cecile
      Cecile commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing! The one I got wasn't the $599 one, but $299 -- I had read in the comments/reviews that some people didn't have a heat deflector in their's but I'm hoping that isn't the case!

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      Cecile if you have trouble getting a diffuser from LifeSmart, the guy at The Ceramic Grill Store can probably put together something that would work.

Congrats!

Comment

Enjoy, grill long and BBQ

Comment

Looking forward to that first cook!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats....always fun learning.

Comment

Have fun with your New Cooker!

Comment

Congrats on yer new cooker! Let us know when ya get it & take pics! Cool!

Comment

You're going to have fun with that. Let us know how you like it.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here