Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Komodo Kamado MCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Komodo Kamado MCS

I certainly don’t need talked into or out of one of these. But the urge is strong. If everything goes right, I just might get one by the end of this season. Me, the non-MCS guy. If I did it I would probably move the BGE and the Weber both.

It would be nice if I could see one IRL, though. I’m sure they are marvelous, but still.

For you the non-MCS guy, that would be something. Keep us posted.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	popcorn.gif
Views:	485
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	882795

Comment

It’s going to be several months still, it’s a long term plan. Everything has to work out first.

Comment

P U D M C S B I N O =

Pent up Demand MCS because I need one

Going Big my friend, for a guy named after a little insect. You will be envied by all. Those things are gorgeous!!!

I only ever saw one from sort of afar and really didn’t know what I was looking at. I just knew it looked heavy and I thought it was a cooker. Sure enough it was.

I think Pequod has one???

Inhope this all works out for you. I assume they are great cookers too and not just eye candy.

now that I think about it they are a little like Big Foot.

Comment

• Pequod
            Pequod commented
            Editing a comment
            This is incorrect. I have two.

A man of refined tastes there, Mosca !

Comment

Jealous with a capital J!!!! I looked and looked and looked at them...and in the end just could not justify and got the Primo.

Love the Primo but every time I see one of these I still stop in my tracks. They are stunning. I am guessing the Primo probably cooks as well as this but aesthetically there is zero contest. This is a work of art.

Will be waiting with bated breath for pics

Comment

Livin’ da dream
              Click image for larger version

Name:	A60953F1-719E-4512-B5CE-A33BD4AD2794.jpeg
Views:	473
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	882951

Comment

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                Show off. I have to ask, have you ever had both fired up at the same time?

• Pequod
                Pequod commented
                Editing a comment
                Craigar - Heck yeah. For either capacity -- larger party or family reunion, or for two temps/styles -- grill on one, smoke on the other, roti on one, grill the other, etc.

If you got a KK would Bread Baking be a requirement?

Comment

• Pequod
                Pequod commented
                Editing a comment
                Absolutely

Originally posted by Pequod View Post
              Livin’ da dream
              Click image for larger version  Name:	A60953F1-719E-4512-B5CE-A33BD4AD2794.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	5.33 MB ID:	882951
              They're beautiful. And BIG. I would be using it on a deck, and somehow getting it up 10 steps. I cannot imagine the size, even though I know the dimensions. I would be looking at the 21”, or possibly the 23”. And right now, stock is limited. It appears that units are getting sold and not replaced. That is an issue, because if I’m going to dump that much spare change, I want a color I’m going to like. I’m not under any illusion that the food is going to taste better. This would be an aesthetic purchase. I would be looking at it a lot.

I found a link to a 32” for sale near Boston. I don’t understand spending that much money and then not caring for the unit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	497B3508-616B-41A3-AACE-BDB7F8F9A4D2.png Views:	0 Size:	703.0 KB ID:	882966

How much grilling do you do on you KKs? How is it for burgers and dogs? I don’t want it to be high-strung just because it is high quality. It would have to be able to get down and play in the dirt.
              Last edited by Mosca; July 19, 2020, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                That's just a cryin' shame. But, sometimes life happens.

Originally posted by Mosca View Post

They're beautiful. And BIG. I would be using it on a deck, and somehow getting it up 10 steps. I cannot imagine the size, even though I know the dimensions. I would be looking at the 21”, or possibly the 23”. And right now, stock is limited. It appears that units are getting sold and not replaced. That is an issue, because if I’m going to dump that much spare change, I want a color I’m going to like. I’m not under any illusion that the food is going to taste better. This would be an aesthetic purchase. I would be looking at it a lot.

I found a link to a 32” for sale near Boston. I don’t understand spending that much money and then not caring for the unit.

Click image for larger version Name:	497B3508-616B-41A3-AACE-BDB7F8F9A4D2.png Views:	0 Size:	703.0 KB ID:	882966

How much grilling do you do on you KKs? How is it for burgers and dogs? I don’t want it to be high-strung just because it is high quality. It would have to be able to get down and play in the dirt.
              I do everything on mine. Everything. Routine grilling, smoking, rotisserie, baking, etc.

The one on the left in my pic is a 23. If you’re concerned about weight, consider a table top 22. Pretty much the same grilling area.

Call Dennis if you’re looking for a particular color and don’t see it online. He often has stock not posted, grills in transit on the water, and he does custom builds too...you’ll just wait a little longer.

You’ll be surprised. It’s not just aesthetic. It’s far better insulated than other kamados, so air flow is even lower to sustain a particular temp. Heat distribution is also far more even. And the firebox is further away from the main grate than in glazed pots. You’ll see.

When you buy, load up on as much coffee wood lump and coco char as you can. Best charcoal I’ve used, and will never be cheaper than with your original purchase (save on shipping).

Head over to the KK forum if you want the advice of many other KK owners around the globe. Very international forum...interesting to see how others use their grills for their regional styles of cooking. ‘tain’t all just American style BBQ.

Comment

Will your deck support that monster?

Comment

• Mosca
                  Mosca commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, absolutely. Especially if I put it in the corner, right over the leg.

Pequod Oh my... and how nice that theft is not an issue with these cookers. What will they do? Hump it out on their backs?

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bring in the crane and the flagman?

I have been lusting for one of these for years, just not a good time to buy right now. BUT, If I lived near Boston that 32" for $2800 would be very tempting (I have credit cards you know).

MY BIL has been in Singapore for 5 years and is about to come home, He was hitting me up about a kamado, he had even found out about the Komodo, and I was like "Dude, you are in that part of the world. See how much it would cost to get one to Singapore and then have it shipped home with your household goods at Gov't expense." Haven't talked with him in a month so not sure what he decided. If he brings one home I'll be insanely jealous.
                Last edited by 58limited; July 19, 2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

I’d LOVE to have one. My ideal outdoor kitchen would certainly have one, plus an island with a gasser, griddle, has eyes, a IR searing thing, and a sink with running water.

oh yea and an ice machine that could do at least 20 pounds per hour. Because why not.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here