Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y’all see this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all see this?

We carry the Kamado Joe grills, accessories and the spare parts you need to get the most out of your BBQ. With our extensive selection, you are sure to find the right product to get into the action.

looks pretty cool and it’s affordable.

First time I've seen a price. I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews.

Ships in April
    $499.00

Comment

Oooh! Now what am I gonna do? I was all set to get the new Weber Kamado E6....

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        My guess is you should get the Weber Kamado.

Yes. It’s definitely a nice kettle. Someone posted about this a week or so ago. There’s discussions about it as well. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ado-joe-kettle

Comment

Color me intrigued.

Comment

Cool! Finally someone's being inventive. I love the setup with the ceramic bottom plates, that will even out temps for sure.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I've often pondered about adding them to a craigslist kettle.

Oddly it doesn’t show up on the Kamado Joe site.

Comment

My understanding is this new model is only available for pre-order. KJ says they will send us one when they are ready to start shipping.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              These would be awesome. Cool idea.

It has potential to say the least at a price point that is not bad.

Comment

LOL the 1st thing I noticed was the 16.10 a month payments!?!? only take you 32 months to pay it off! Looks interesting. Lots of very loyal Weber folks out there, should be interesting. I'm gonna hide and watch!

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, good to see you back, Gadjet. It has been a long time. How are you getting along these days?

• GadjetGriller
                GadjetGriller commented
                Editing a comment
                Spinaker Slowly lol The pandemic forced me to play WoW all day and eats lotz o BBQ so now I'm twice the man I use to be lol! Knees are pretty unhappy with me. But I'm doing good otherwise! How you doing?

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Well glad to hear you are getting along okay. We’ve missed seeing you around. Don’t be a stranger. I am doing well, just trying to keep the smoke rolling! GadjetGriller

The thing I noticed was the shape. What seems like many moons ago (2015), Harvard did an engineering research project on the optimal shape for a ceramic cooker, and that is the pretty close to shape they determined to be optimal. Here is a link from a 2019 article.. https://www.engadget.com/2019-10-25-...er-grills.html and I think this was the original article I read in 2015.. https://www.wired.com/2015/07/high-tech-bbq/
              Last edited by tstalafuse; March 3, 2021, 04:36 PM. Reason: Added link to the orginal article I read..

Comment

• Histrix
                Histrix commented
                Editing a comment
                There is a reason it is similar. Some of the students that worked on that project later worked with KJ to design the Sloroller insert that has been used in their ceramic kamados for the last few years and is now used with this new metal grill.
                The thing I like with this new metal grill is that SloRoller insert is removable so you can use the new grill in a simple weber kettle configuration.

It kind of resembles a ShopVac. Maybe it's self cleaning?

Comment

Great observation, @tstalafuse.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ce5647e0-f70c-11e9-8b75-3e1bb111fef5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	998719

Click image for larger version  Name:	2b724960-f708-11e9-b3df-58e4d03f9354.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.45 MB ID:	998720
                Click image for larger version

Name:	dscf0080-2_1_.jpg?quality=80&bg-color=255,255,255&fit=bounds&height=700&width=700&canvas=700:700.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	998721
                Last edited by Attjack; March 3, 2021, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I like the idea. Fairly affordable at $500

Comment

I’ve been looking at videos etc online, and checked with my local dealer. They say early March, which is like now, so I’m gonna buy one ASAP. Very good price!

Comment

• Henrik
                      Henrik commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nope, this is my go to bbq store, one of the best in Sweden. I'm very good friends with the owner: https://www.southsidebbq.se/

• Alphonse
                      Alphonse commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Henrik, is that where you also bought your PK? Looks like PK's are a bit pricey in Sweden!

• Henrik
                      Henrik commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No, I’m friends with the Swedish importer, got a sweet deal. But yes, grills ain’t cheap here.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here