Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't decide between a big Joe 3 or wscg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't decide between a big Joe 3 or wscg

Hi guys Im about to buy a Weber summit charcoal grill for a good price but unsure if I should pay a little extra and get a big Joe 3..
    ​​​​​if anyone has any experience with either could help me decide ? Cheers

Personally, I would go with the WSCG. Both are fine products, but for me the weight would be the deciding factor.

Comment

I break things so I like metal. Babybackmaniac has a nice series on this precise question.

Comment

I was in your same predicament and went with the WSCGC. It performs wonderfully and is much lighter than any ceramic. One key thing about the weber, when you overshoot your temp, which happens, is that it responds much quicker to vent adjustments than any ceramic.

You'll really like the Summit, they hit it out of the park on that one.

Comment

Well, I am a ceramic guy through and through. I like them more that the steel kamados that I owned. My Broil King Keg had rust issues around the damper and the under body. Even though the unit was powder coated.

Yes, ceramics are more fragile, how often are you going to really move it? I move my Eggs and Kamado Joe, maybe once a year. And When I do, I am carful, but I never feel like they are going to shatter when I wheel them around. When you have something like the Big Joe III, you are not going to be moving it around the patio much.

They are both fine units, it just comes down to what you like. You will be happy either way.

Comment

I can't speak to the ceramic, but the WSCG does it all. It has a pretty flat learning curve and is very forgiving. I went through the drill deciding what to get (WSCG, ceramic, or Hasty Bake) and Max Good's review and fyzxdoc's recommendation sealed the deal for me. https://amazingribs.com/grill-smoker...l-grill-review

Comment

I like the WSCG better than my XLBGE. But both are great.

Comment

This decision is a good problem to have

Comment

Thanks alot for all of your help . I think I'll go summit it's $1000 cheaper here in Australia

Comment

• CaptainMike
                    CaptainMike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And of course the compulsory Down Under wisecrack: You'll be able to put a helluva lot of shrimp on that barbie! Show us a few cooks after you get it and let us know how you like it.

Sure thing 👍

Comment

Good choice, Irfan7 . You won't regret it. The versatility and solid performance of the WSCG are what keep me loving to use mine.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here