Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Kamado Joe for 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW Kamado Joe for 2018

I just watched a Facebook live event for Kamado Joe. It looks like they were at a trade show of some sort. They have a NEW Kamado Joe (Pro Joe) coming out. I think the size is the same as the Big Joe and it features a "hyperbolic insert" which uses air pressure in the Kamado to evenly circulate the airflow. I was a bit fuzzy on the science behind it since they didn’t go super in-depth.

19K views, 234 likes, 23 loves, 165 comments, 51 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Kamado Joe: KJ Innovation!

Hopefully the link above will take you to their FB live event video.

Sad thing is at the very end, he said this new Pro Joe would sell for just under $4,000. Whaaaaa?

He also said they’re going to make these hyperbolic inserts to retrofit into other Kamado Joes. Cool!

HIGHLY interesting though. I absolutely love the innovation. Eating up some of that green market share I’m sure!! Though $4k is a little much, and will certainly be a niche market.

OH, and they have a KJ side cart which stores all your grilling surfaces and accessories that looks pretty cool. They say it’s waterproof which is critical!

What do you all think?

I grabbed a couple of screenshots. They call is cyclonic airflow. Hmmm..
    Attached Files

Comment

I will have to check them out. Thanks

Comment

The owner of KJ had posted some pics of their hyperbolic insert on FB a few weeks ago. Sounds intersting.

Here's a pic of the KJ lineup with the new Pro Joe on the left so one can see the size differences:
        Attached Files

Comment

• scottranda
          scottranda commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow. I can’t determine if the grate size is the same or larger, but man that Pro Joe is way bigger in mass!

• Histrix
          Histrix commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, it's more than twice the weight of a Big Joe. I think the grid was the same diameter but don't really remember.

Max Good is at the same event and hopefully, he will be getting his hands on one of these. The technology is interesting.

Comment

Facebook posts suggest that the new ProJoe is still 24", but has 3 levels of grates for food.

Jim

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here