Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS continues!!! KAMADO JOE Jr, Joins the ranks!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powersmoke_80
    replied
    Congrats on the new purchase, Baby Back Maniac had a vid on BGE minimax not sure if relevant to you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUCocNEbKSs

Leave a comment:

• carolts
    replied
    I've recently rediscovered how much I like my ceramic Primo Jr, so I know you're gonna put your KJ through its paces. We did a flank steak on the Primo last night. It's always a fight between the Primo and PK, with the Primo getting the nod for smaller long low-n-slow (especially now with the Party Q!).

Congrats on your new toy, and I love the stand!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Hawk!! I am pretty pumped about getting one of the last black ones.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I've had it going for about 6 hours now..........still holding at a solid 225 F. This sucker is rock solid........6 F ambient temp.

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Congrats! Looks sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    Damn, you had to show me more pics of that little sucker. Now you've really got me thinking. I'm looking forward to seeing how that little baby holds temps where you are at in MN. That might just make up my mind for cold weather cooks. Please show some pics when you get cooking. Thanks man.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Spinaker Thanks Brother, I'll be waitin' with 'bated breath', literally!!! Keep that smoke a rollin'!

• Skip
    commented on 's reply
    Yes good cooking weather for MN in Jan. You will like the KJ and Ash Basket. Try a pizza sometime.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Hey, Thanks Skip!! Chilly down in Blue Earth? Nice to have a bit of a break from the arctic air, eh?

• Skip
    replied
    Hey Spinaker Congratulations on the KJ!! Have fun with it.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Bones!! You know I will. I"ll blow some of that sweet blue smoke down the plains to ya!! Ha!

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    YO NATE! Thanks Buddy. i am really happy with it so far. Heavy Lil monster though.

• Spinaker
    replied
    Histrix
    Thanks for your words of wisdom today!! I have the Joe running right now. She is holding strong at 230 F. I am just doing a dry run. This rig definitely heats up slower that my KEG. I wasn't sure if there thermo was working!! But I already like it more. the lower damper is really solid and slides tight. (Not the case with my KEG. There is a little play in it. ) So far I am very impressed with the build quality. I would like to do some small 4 or 5 pounds butts on the Jr which should fit perfect, if the 9 lber was a bit tight. but its great to know that I can scale up if needed.

And thank you for the links too. I got this primarily to do searing for my SV cooks. I didn't like the idea of having to fire up the 18' KEG just to sear for a minute each side. I can do much more efficient searing with this lil' monster.

I am going to get the ash basket, for sure. They were out of the Jrs at my supply store so I will have to order that one.

Thanks Again buddy, your the man............and everyone else that commented and abetted my most recent relapse into MCS!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2373.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	263497Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8448.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	263498
    WE ARE GONNA GET ALONG JUST GREAT!!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Nice cooker, Brotherman!!!! Spinaker
    I jus' knows that ya will make it sing like an Angel!!!

Leave a comment:

• Nate
    replied
    Nice lookin cooker you scored there!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here