Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ash Removal from Joe Jr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ash Removal from Joe Jr?

I’m kinda scratching my head here…. Sweep it out after it cools? There does not seem to be a ash catcher.

I just looked and KickAsh does not make an ash pan for Joe jr. I wish they did. It makes clean up soo easy in my large BGE.

I have a portable battery powered ash vacuum that seems to work pretty well. I'll edit this post when I get home and take a pic of it.

Make clean up easy with the new WPPO ash vacuum. No need to search for an electrical outlet, this vacuum has a long life, 18 volt rechargeable battery for convenient on-the-go clean up in your backyard, tailgate, boat or camper. It has a fire retardant filter as well as a 39-inch metal-lined suction hose so you do not have to worry if you vacuum up a hot ember by accident. The nozzle attachments included are an aluminum nozzle, a plastic nozzle and a brush nozzle for a variety of uses. It also includes a vacuum tube attachment for hard to reach places such as a pellet auger. Endless options from cleaning the ash out of pizza ovens or getting pellets out of the hopper to using around the inside of your home or vehicle. It is also useful as a blower to stoke your fire. Comes as a complete kit including the vacuum, 18 volt battery, charger, HEPA filter, fire retardant filter, and accessory bag with all the attachments you will need.
    Last edited by Steve B; November 13, 2021, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve B thank you! I appreciate it.

I wonder if the Kick Ash can for the MiniMax will fit. It is pretty easy to disassemble and sweep out. That’s what I do on mubMiniMax.

Comment

did anyone figure out if the minimax can fits?

I have a Joe Jr and while ash cleanup isn't a huge problem, I do wish there were a kick ash can that fit.

edit: looks like they do have a Joe Jr size now, I will order and try it out. https://www.kickashbasket.com/Junior...Can_p_119.html
    Last edited by Walt Dockery; January 8, 2022, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Walt Dockery LA Pork Butt I completely failed to follow up. I did get a kick ash and so far it is working well!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here