Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newest Member of the Family; Joe Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newest Member of the Family; Joe Jr.

Click image for larger version

Name:	64424179-95D8-4A07-A2E6-9D0EB1932209.jpeg
Views:	417
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	1121710
    So I bit when I saw the post about the Kamado Joe Jr being on sale.

Sometimes I kinda want a mini kamado. I still lament being #2 for a mini Primo on Craigslist. IIRC they were asking $200. 85241caa-f348-4514-818c-79622c4f12ae.cbd1fe17f1022a878052fdd16b9f9dff.jpeg?odnHeight=612&odnWidth=612&odnBg=FFFFFF.jpg https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kamado-Joe-Jr-13-5-inch-Charcoal-Grill-in

I will be going through this set of posts for tips, advice and cautionary tales. Looking forward to having a new cooker!

Congratulations. Looks like loads of fun!

Comment

I am very happy with my kamado! You will have a blast.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember jfmorris saying he "seasoned" his in that he ran it without a regular cook.

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I did the same and it took me 2-3 dry runs to figure out the vents.

Hello Jr Joe, what do you know?
      I foresee you getting a heat-on in the near future.

Comment

Ah, the MCS is strong with this one, she is a force to be reckoned with...

Comment

Niiiiice!

Comment

Smoking Dad BBQ has a lot of posts on the Joe Jr on YouTube. It amazing what he does on that little Kamado.
            Last edited by LA Pork Butt; November 8, 2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the heads up LA Pork Butt

Did you mean Smoking Dad BBQ? Wears a lot of red plaid shirts?
              Last edited by SheilaAnn; November 7, 2021, 06:32 PM.

• LA Pork Butt
              LA Pork Butt commented
              Editing a comment
              SheilaAnn that’s him. He is in Canada.
              Last edited by LA Pork Butt; November 7, 2021, 08:00 PM.

Use the force Sheila, use the force….

Comment

Hell, for a minute there I thought you had a baby.

Comment

I don’t really need one, but I’d love to have one just to see what the kamado scene is all about. Plus it’s so darn cute!

Comment

• STEbbq
                  STEbbq commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That was my reason! It’s worth a small investment (used Akorn for me)!

Congrats. It’s a fun little cooker.
                I got mine used of of e-bay or Craig’s list. Don’t remember. But I love this little sucker. It comes in quite handy. Great for smaller cooks or searing an individual steak.

Comment

You’ll love your little kamado. It will do anything an oven will do. You can roast a chicken, bake bread, or reverse sear a steak. It will amaze you how it will hold moisture. I have a full size kamado Joe that does everything I need it to. Another little talked about bonus was brought to light by our late friend Ed F. He told us he saved the parts that had cracked and been replaced under warranty. I believe he said he had built 2 other cookers that way. I found a product that repairs the cracks nicely. Now I have an extra cooker. What other cooker will clone itself?

Comment

We took cinder blocks and built a "dunnage rack" for it. I’m torn on how to name it….. little joe or red. Because my Weber is named blue. Cover ordered through AR/Amazon to arrive tomorrow. First season cook is tomorrow most likely.

Comment

SheilaAnn Yes - I did a dry run the first time I used my SNS Kamado. I washed the grates and such, then ran it without food the first time to learn the vents. If yours has been used before, I don't think seasoning is needed, but learning the vents is certainly worthwhile if you have time, before your first actual cook.

Thanks said - try soemthing forgiving like a butt, and not much risked with food on a first cook, since those are so forgiving, even if you do spike the temp up high.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
                        SheilaAnn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This cooker is brand new. I will probably run a few empty cooks to get a feel for it. Thanks for the advice!

Looks marvelous. Congrats!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here