Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article about how the slow roller was created.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article about how the slow roller was created.

that was a fun read

Comment

• tenphases
      tenphases commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I found it interesting, and shocking!

Very interesting...

Comment

I see one in my future.

Comment

• tenphases
        tenphases commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm putting up a fight, I'm trying to cut down on cookers......im gonna cave 😳

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        tenphases I'm just going to get the attachment for my red Performer so I don't have to consider it a new cooker.

So now that It is 2021 where are they in development of The new grill?

Comment

• Uncle Bob
        Uncle Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        A year and a half from when that article described it, fairly accurately, the Kettle Joe is supposed to be shipping to retail this month. There have been a couple threads on here including a prototype/preproduction test done by Alphonse
        Last edited by Uncle Bob; April 9, 2021, 07:26 AM.

Thanks for the link tenphases, it is a very interesting article. The article linked says, "The SlōRoller ensures 85 percent of the cooking space in these grills remains within five degrees of each other."

As Uncle Bob pointed out, I have done some cooks on the KJ Kettle Joe. Early on, I thought the concept of the SloRoller might have some merit but had doubts it could achieve as much as they claimed. So my first cooks on the KJ Kettle Joe were intended to test the SloRoller. I was a bit surprised at how well it works.

Here are a couple photos of the very first cook. These wings were not moved from their initial placement on the grate and were flipped once. I remember thinking that the flip wasn't really necessary. To my surprise they were cooked consistently and evenly across the grate.

Wings loaded:

Click image for larger version  Name:	loaded and off to the races.jpg Views:	0 Size:	305.8 KB ID:	1015331

Finished:

Click image for larger version  Name:	finished.jpg Views:	0 Size:	330.4 KB ID:	1015330
      Last edited by Alphonse; April 9, 2021, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• tenphases
        tenphases commented
        Editing a comment
        Awww man that's pretty!! Keep updating us on your experience, I don't know if I can resist buying one!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here