Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kettle Joe First Impressions and Cooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool. Thanks for the write up. Really looking forward to getting mine delivered. Preorders are really tough, I’m not good at waiting.

Comment

• Alphonse
      Alphonse commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you Henrik! I have another grill on order at the moment and keep hoping to get the "shipping" notice soon. BTW, I am looking forward to you getting yours and giving us feedback on it. I'm guessing that KJ is distributed from a center somewhere in Europe. Do you know?

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      Henrik I am worried about you. I think we all know you NEED another cooker

Saw this out there today, for those struggling with MCS....
    Toronto's Premier Barbecue Stores specializing in best in class brands like Lynx and Sedona, Weber, Napoleon, Traeger, Kamado Joe, Yeti Coolers and Drinkware, Big Green Egg, and more! Browse our massive collection of barbecue spices, sauces and charcoal from all around the world! Enjoy our fast, Canada-wide shipping!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting. I see immediate pros and cons to the SnS kettle setup. Another way to skin that cat. Cool to see ingenuity still happening.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. That would look great on my red Performer.

Hmmm, I don't have a red grill/smoker......

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      ...yet.

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      There's just something about redheads.

That's an interesting looking cooker and a great write up. I'm going to try really hard ignore this thread now as I have no need for this (as I keep telling myself I have no need for this).

...I have no need for this

......I have no need for this

(doesn't seem to be working too well yet).

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	71ADCDE1-7D35-430C-8B3D-FFBFAC05629E.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	3.38 MB ID:	1004564

Would the reds clash? 😂

I don’t need this....
      I don’t need this....
      I might need this.....
      I need this.........
      🤦
      Last edited by Jfrosty27; March 16, 2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Capacity test on the Kettle Joe! Cooked a batch of legs and thighs using the SloRoller insert. Once again, I like the way the SloRoller works and the ease of creating a decent outcome.

Used an elevated grate off one of my kamados:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210314_190843104.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1008951

Two pans of chicken:

Name:	PXL_20210314_191029960.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	1008954

Underway:

Name:	PXL_20210314_212223981.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	1008952

Name:	PXL_20210314_212230378.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1008953

Sauced and glazing:

Name:	PXL_20210314_224825520.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	1008955

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here