Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilla Grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe just me but it seems or appears the top lid height looks shorter than my kj classic. just might be something to consider

Comment

I used some Nomex tape that I got from Amazon, sold by Island Outdoor. Get the white stuff for the sides of the door and the grey stuff for the top and bottom because it is just a hair thicker than the white and gives a better seal, you will see what I mean when you get yours and start adding the tape to the door. I also had to tweak the door fit just a bit by bending it to fit better, that was just a matter of sticking the head of a rubber mallet at the bottom of the door, close it on the mallet and then push down at the edges near the middle of the door to tweak it just a bit. I don't know that this is absolutely necessary or not but it did help seal the door up better so I get fewer leaks which should help with temp stabilization especially in cooler weather. The Grill cooks really good, but do yourself a favor and when you get the grill call Grilla and get the new control board. I had a problem with mine when I was cooking at a low temp, I had it set to 180 and it was cooking along at around 200 to 210 for about an hour and then all of a sudden the temp started dropping and it went down to 135 then it started going back up then it shot up to around 300. According Mark Graham at Grilla it is a software problem so he reprogrammed the software to help with this problem which only happens when cooking in cooler temps, if you live in a warmer climate you will probably never notice any of this at all. All you have to do is swap out the control board and send him the old one back.

Comment

• Richard P
        Richard P commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info. Can not wait to get my grill, set it up and start cooking.

• vandy
        vandy commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem Richard, I think you will find that this thing is pretty easy to operate just follow the instructions that come with the grill and you should be ok. By the way welcome aboard the pit!

Richard P Welcome! We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute. Thanks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here