Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilla Grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilla Grills

Does anyone know anything about the Grilla brand grills. I looked at their Komado cooker the Kong and it looks very interesting and also looks as though it is well built. The price is certainly enticing at 799.00 with free shipping and the thing weighs in at 213 lbs which indicates that it is pretty heavy duty.

Max's Grilla review is here but it is for the pellet smoker and he rates it Gold. I've not seen any reviews of the Kong.

Comment

• vandy
      vandy commented
      Editing a comment
      Like I said, it sure looks well built and so does the Silverback. In fact I think I am going to get the Silverback for my son, he is not that much into grilling so the set and forget would work great for him.

• Abom
      Abom commented
      Editing a comment
      That's not a review, it's a list of features. Reads more like an ad. Sounds cool though.

• vandy
      vandy commented
      Editing a comment
      Abom, you are right it does sound like an add. That is why I was hoping someone on here has bought or at least used one of them and could give me more insight into the quality of the units. They do look cool though and if they are built like they claim they should be great.

I have the pellet Grilla, but that's different from the Kong or Silverbac! Can't help you. I have looked at it and it's very similar to a Primo Oval.

Comment

Thanks CandySue! The Silverback and the Kong are relatively new to their lineup but if anyone is interested in checking them out here is their website: www.grillagrills.com I like the fact that they use stainless on the lid and 1/4 inch stainless rod on the grates. By the way I can feel the MCS kicking in big time after finding these grills!

Comment

What is their warranty for the Kong? I couldn't find one on their site.

Comment

• Max Good
          Max Good commented
          Editing a comment
          Four Year limited Warranty.

• Histrix
          Histrix commented
          Editing a comment
          The 4 year limit on the metal stuff. The ceramics have a lifetime warranty.

I don't know how that 4 year warranty rates compared to other ceramic cookers but don't some of the other Komado's come with a lifetime warranty on the ceramic. The Kong is comparable to the XL BGE at 24 inches and just a few pounds shy of the same weight so you have to assume that the build quality is pretty darn good. The Kong also comes with a lot of extras that you have to pay extra for with other Komado's and the price sure is attractive at 799.00 with shipping included. I thought maybe there was someone on here that has pulled the trigger on one of these units and could say more about them good or bad than what you see on their website. They don't say that they are better than any other product on the market they just tell you how they build theirs and let you make the decision. The units are not built in the USA so they outsource them but they check each one when they get to them to make sure the quality is what they want them to be.

Comment

• Histrix
          Histrix commented
          Editing a comment
          The 4 year limit is on the metal stuff. The ceramics have a lifetime warranty just like other kamado manufacturers.

• vandy
          vandy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Histrix, I did not see that on the website but that makes sense.

• Histrix
          Histrix commented
          Editing a comment
          Complete warranty info is on the last page of the owners manual which is available on their website in case you or anybody else wants to read it.

Here's a YouTube video of the Grilla Grill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2KkYtI2B5o

Comment

Histrix Thanks for the correction on the warranty.

Comment

After nosing around a bit, this looks similar to the Pit Boss PB K24.

Comment

• Max Good
              Max Good commented
              Editing a comment
              They likely are from the same Chinese factory. Vision has a similar design. As vandy states, Pit Boss is manufactured with a strong emphasis on low priced production.

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              But one thing to understand about Chinese manufacturing is that the same factory can and will build to varying quality specs. It's all a matter of what the requirements are. I have a wonderful saxophone that came from a factory that probably also produced cheapo's.

• vandy
              vandy commented
              Editing a comment
              I think like you EdF, everything is built to a price point so the cheaper the price the cheaper the components that go into building that unit. The Chinese are certainly adept at building things that are cheap as well as things that are not so cheap.

It does look similar except for the stainless hardware, I was still hoping that someone on here owns one that can chime in with more info. Thanks for digging around Craigar that does put another spin on it if this is just a knockoff of the Pit Boss. If their original pellet cooker got a gold review on here you have to think that their quality is better than the Pit Boss though and that is one thing that is mentioned on the website is they strive for quality with all of their products. Then again doesn't everyone with a product to sell say that.

Comment

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              It would be nice to get a hands on look at one, but it appears they just ship direct to the consumer.

vandy I had the same question back in the spring and it appears there isn't any more intel available today as there was in May.

Does anyone have any intel on the goods from Grilla Grills? They look to be new company out of Holland, MI that ships direct to your location. I guess I will

Comment

Craigar That is apparently right, I am having a hard time finding anything on this company other than what they tell you on their website, I think the Kong and Silverback are new to their lineup this year. Their Silverback pellet grill is similar to the Traiger Lil Texas but with more bells and whistles that you don't have to pay extra for like the stainless lid on the cooking chamber and hopper and the 1/4 inch stainless rod grill grates. Like I said before I am probably going to get the Silverback for my son, I was going to get the Traeger until I saw this grill.

Comment

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Silverback pellet grill from Grilla today, bought it for my son for his upcoming birthday. I should have it in about a week to week and a half and I will let you know what the quality is like when it gets here.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	phone pics 008.JPG
Views:	1301
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	229955 I got the Silverback a couple of days ago and put it together which was not very hard at all. This thing is built very good for the price and at 170 lbs it is a lot heavier than the Traeger equivalent which is the Lil Texas. The cook chamber is about 4 inches longer than the Traeger, the hopper is big and I think it holds 20 lbs of pellets which is great for long slow cooks. It also has a storage cabinet underneath the cooking chamber. The bottom of the cooking chamber is lined with what looks like galvanized sheet metal effectively making the bottom of it double walled. The fire box heat deflector locks into place instead of just sitting in place like my Traegers do. The grill grate is very good quality stainless steel Click image for larger version

Name:	phone pics 009.JPG
Views:	1282
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	229956 and is very heavy duty, it also has a smaller upper grate that has legs on it that fit into holes on the upper deck. The grease drains into a holder on the outside of the grill that you can put an empty soup can in and just throw it out when you are done cooking which I like very much and in fact plan on getting some of those for my Traegers. The lid on the cook chamber and hopper are stainless steel, I put some sealing tape on the cook chamber door. The paint on the grill appears to be a very good quality powder coat. Anyone looking at the Traeger really should consider this grill, I have 3 Traegers and this one is built much better in my opinion, probably not the best on the market but for the price it is more than I expected.
                  Attached Files

Comment

What type of sealing tape did you use and where was it purchased? Is this a necessary mod for this grill. I have one on order and was just wondering. Very new to the smoking game. Using this grilll will be an adventure for me. Any tips are appreciated.

Comment

• vandy
                      vandy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Look at my post below and if you have any other questions let me know.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here