Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In memoriam of my Big Green Egg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear. The BGE served you well. The PK360 is a fantastic grill/smoker. I grill on it every week. Holds temp really well for smoking. I’m sure you’ll find a great replacement for your Egg.

Comment

I'm just impressed you had it for 20 years. Oldest one I have is going on 10, I keep rotating them thinking the next cooker going to put me over the top I guess

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Now, you have an excuse to buy an SnS Kamado

Comment

Unfortunate that you lost an old friend. In the event you change your mind about a replacement you might want something that won't break so easily; Kamado Grills : Buy Cast Iron Kamado Grill at Start Price $699.99 (goldenscastiron.com)

Comment

Sorry to hear! It is always sad to see an old warrior go down.

Comment

That’s a shame. I buried my Akorn this summer. I do want to replace it with a better one. PK 360 is a nice grill!

Comment

I feel like the WSCG would be the way to go at least that’s what I wistfully think about whenever I look at my BGE

Comment

What a sick feeling that must have been, looking at that fallen BGE. I'm sorry that this happened to you.

Like Old Glory , I think you might want to check out the WSCG (not the new Summit Kamado quite yet, perhaps). People who have it love it. It's well-built, sturdy, has great real estate, and cooks solidly and well.

As much as I love my PBC (Pretty Baby), I'd give it up before my WSCGC (Mr. Fancypants). I hope I never have to be faced with that decision, though. I love them both, one the quirky child, and the other the well-behaved one.

Kathryn
                  Last edited by fzxdoc; December 15, 2020, 08:13 AM.

Comment

So sorry for your loss. And all the kings horses and all the king's men, could put Mark's egg together again .

Comment

So sorry to hear about your loss!

This is my greatest fear with any ceramic cooker. My SNS Deluxe Kamado has not left the concrete pad by the pool where the Fedex guy dropped the crate back in January, and I don't expect to ever move it from that 12x30 area. Right now the plan is to pour a new strip of concrete about 6' deep at the end to build a kitchen area on, and move it there permanently...

Comment

Well, dang it! I know the nest is really bad. I've had my BGE for 7 years, and it's NOT easy moving it without those tiny wheels catching on a pebble an that whole thing is super wobbly. In fact I sold mine a few months ago.

I'll stick to the PK now instead, it's my go to kettle grill (replacing Weber and BGE). Anywho, the upside(?) is that MCS will have you ogling a PK360 or WSCG in no time :-)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here