Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS - New XL Egg and Used Weber Performer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS - New XL Egg and Used Weber Performer

Sold my Large BGE and picked up a new XL. Breaking her in now. Also grabbed a Weber Performer with gas lighting on CL for $75.00. Good day to me!

Performer needs some love. I ordered new grates. Once I give it a thorough cleaning I'll see what I can do for the rust spots. $75.00 and he threw in a cover and brand new weber chimney. It's for the camp up in Maine so it will be great up there.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Old Glory; March 29, 2019, 02:11 PM.

Nice, congrats!

Comment

Great find on that Weber Performer Deluxe. That is my favorite grill right now, with the SNS, DNG and Easyspin, Grillgrates and a Party Q! I'm all pimped out, just need a rotisserie to complete my kettle paraphenalia.

Comment

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        Needs a good deep cleaning. Slow and sear and a vortex may be in my future!
        Last edited by Old Glory; March 29, 2019, 02:15 PM.

Let's see the performer. If I were to get another Weber I think it would have to be a SS Performer with gas assist. Preferably green like my veggie grill.

Comment

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        Pics added in first post

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        That grey is pretty nice.

Great Score! I got mine last year for $ 100 from Craig ... and I'm firing it up tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	G2 Performer.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	657103

Comment

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like a good one!

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        The new surface surface came with it - that was a WOW. I know the new metal top fits right in, and if you're under 10 YO, you can get it free from Weber if yours is trashed. But - I'm good with the new one I have.

The Performer looks good for a 12 year old grill! The vent stamp of DR in your photos puts it as being made in 2006... mine was made in 2007 and is still going strong (new to me in 2017).

Looking to determine the age of your Weber Kettle? Look no further. This page is a collaborative effort put forth by the club founders and historians – owners of 50+ vintage Weber grills – and hours and hours of research. If your grill was made from 1979 to 2014, the top vent on the lid will […]

Comment

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool link thanks!

Congrats X 2!

Comment

Some people say that is the best Performer - I don't know why but who's to argue when it's the one you and I have! The pics weren't up when I first saw your post. I found my thermometer to actually still be accurate for it's spot in the dome, and as a plunger compared next to my instant-reads.

You gotta think it a bit funny - you got that nice new egg gettin' wet in the rain, and all everyone wants to talk about is your kettle.

lol

Comment

JGo37 Is right! We need to be looking for a cook on that fancy new BGE!

Comment

Nice score. Both cookers will be fun.

Comment

Great MCS scores, both!

Looks like a whole lotta Great Foods are gonna be comin outta those cookers, cain't wait to see some!

Comment

Awesome! You are going to love the XL!

Comment

• Old Glory
                  Old Glory commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Its awesome. So much more real-estate!

Those are my 2 go-to cookers for the last several years.
                I use the Woo Ring with a SS grate down low and Hover Grill on top for raised direct or indirect cooking on the XL BGE.
                I use a SNS and DNG with the Performer.
                there isn’t much you can’t do with all those combinations on those 2 cookers. Great choices. Enjoy!

Comment

I'm getting more comfortable with my XL BGE. Weaning myself slowly off of my Weber kettle. lol.

Congratulations on the great finds.

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I understand what you're saying. Firing up the kamado, to me, is like getting in a log truck to go to town real quick. Hard to get used to it when the kettle is so handy.

• Beefchop
                    Beefchop commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Huskee That's a great analogy! Especially given the price of lump charcoal, but I was surprised at how quickly my coals were ready using the chimney starter w/ lump vs. briquettes.

Good call on the bigger kamado and nice score on the Weber.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here