Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokeware Grate holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokeware Grate holder

Click image for larger version

Name:	Smokeware rack.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	1369195
    I bought one of these when I visited the Dizzy Pig factory store. It just tips into the two holes in the nest legs. You can put it in either pair of holes.

I liked it so much I wanted a second one (I didn't recall who made it). So I bought BGE's version, which requires assembly. It wouldn't hold anything. It said it was compatible with the medium, but the angle was wrong to hold anything flat. What were they thinking? I rarely return things, but I did in this case.

I contacted the Dizzy Pig store and they told me it was made by Smokeware, but they are not set up to sell this item on their web site. So I went to the Smokeware site and bought a second one:

Perfect storage solution for your grate or plate setter. Powder coated black & will not rust. Easy to mount using existing holes in BGE nest or on KJ nest legs.

Simple and effective. My pizza stone AKA heat deflector will fit along with the rack extender shown below.

Name:	smokeware 1JPG.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	1369196
    Cast iron and stainless grate living side by side.

Name:	Smokeware 2.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	1369197

The cover (made for for Weber kettle) fits over the whole shebang, though it doesn't extend all the way to the bottom.

Aldis had Turkey for $.49 this week. I guess it just didn't sell at the inflated prices in November and December. So while I was doing prep for tomorrows cook I remembered to take some shots.

5 stars

Although I do not have a BGE, that looks like a cool attachment.

Comment

I need something like this in my life! My problem is I need it above lab licking height…

Comment

• RolfTaylor
        RolfTaylor commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm, what's wrong with a little licking? Good way to get it cleaner! Just give it a rinse before you use it, which is a good idea anyway!

I could use a grate holder for my Traeger. It has 3 grates, and I mostly use only one, sometimes two.

Comment

That looks like a great grate holder. But if you had two would you have great grate-grate holder?

Comment

• RolfTaylor
          RolfTaylor commented
          Editing a comment
          I am grateful for your comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here