Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BGE Charcoal Bowl and Fire Ring Cracked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BGE Charcoal Bowl and Fire Ring Cracked

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220628_124725.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1275696 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220628_124735.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1275695 10 Years ago we bought a Large BGE on our School's Fundraiser Auction. It's had quite a bit of use but always stored in the garage. This spring I noticed the Charcoal Bowl and Fire Ring were cracked so a while back I called BGE. After emailing them pictures they were more than willing to replace both pieces under warranty. I told them that it didn't come directly from a BGE Dealer but that it did come New from the Auction. No Problem! Hat's off to BGE and Raleigh's Ace Hardware in Albert Lea MN.

Thats good customer service and warranty coverage. cant be cheap shipping the replacements.

Comment

I love happy endings like this. So glad, Skip.

Comment

I love hearing good CS stories.

Comment

Great customer service, glad you got new replacement parts. When the fire bowl on my Bayou Classic broke I had to buy a large BGE replacement since Bayou Classic quit making kamados and parts for awhile. I need the fire ring but so far I can prop the pieces together and it works.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Glad to hear a happy ending to this! That's great customer service!

I hope to never need a replacement fire bowl for my SNS Kamado. Any idea what caused this to crack? Just a defect that heat over time caused to show?

Comment

• Skip
                Skip commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not sure what cracked the parts.

That is great CS for sure. Glad to hear it has a happy ending!

Comment

That has been my experience with BGE. No questions asked. They have replace my fire ring and the bottom of the BGE. So far the fire bowl is in excellent condition. I bought my BGE in 2010. The replacement of those two parts puts the value of the warranty in the neighborhood of $500. And, they will continue to replace those parts until I die.

Comment

When and if I decide on a Kamado type grill, this is the one I would pick.
                  Blaze 20-Inch Cast Aluminum Kamado Grill - BLZ-20-KAMADO
                  Blaze 20-in Cast Aluminum Kamado Grill | BLZ-20-KAMADO : BBQGuys

Last edited by bbqLuv; August 16, 2022, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Old Glory
                    Old Glory commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Get the WSCG

• MsTwiggy
                    MsTwiggy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Old Glory what is the WSCG? 🔥🔥🔥❤️🐿

• Old Glory
                    Old Glory commented
                    Editing a comment
                    MsTwiggy Weber Summit Charcoal Grill. King of grills. Both a kettle and a Kamado.

The new fire box for my KJ is segmented. The old one was cracked for a couple of years, but got to the point I couldn’t prop it all up any more. The new one is supposed to be much less likely to crack.

Comment

Man, I always freak out when I see these posts given my propensity to buy used. Then I have to remind myself this is not that common an issue. Still, kudos to BGE for such great customer service.

Comment

I used to work at an Ace hardware. Never had a problem getting replacement BGE parts for a customer. Not all parts are free, but the important ones are.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here